Attach A Chevron Pattern?

Decorating By johnbailey64 Updated 28 Oct 2013 , 1:56am by johnbailey64

johnbailey64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnbailey64 Posted 27 Oct 2013 , 3:03am
post #1 of 6

My niece wants this cake for her wedding (minus that flower on top) How do I do that chevron? I see some you tube tutorials and all but what has worked for you? Tips? Anyone? I baked the bottom layer tonight to freeze. The wedding is November 16. Help?!

5 replies
morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 27 Oct 2013 , 3:53am
post #2 of 6

ASome ideas:

1) print off a template of a chevron on cardstock. Place the template on top of thinly rolled gumpaste and Use an exacto knife to cut it out...attach to cake with edible glue or white chocolate or piping gel

2) on etsy a lady sells open ended chevron cutters. You have a bit of time so if you aren't familiar or don't feel comfortable with the above method this would be easier

johnbailey64 Posted 27 Oct 2013 , 4:22am
post #3 of 6

Wow. Just looked up the Etsy one. That is so cool - that she custom prints the cutter via 3d printer! I love gadgets. But I think I'll probably try the template method.

johnbailey64 Posted 27 Oct 2013 , 5:33am
post #4 of 6

Shoot. I have to travel 5 hours to get to my sister's. I made the bottom layer and froze it today. My other niece is going to bake the rest for me. She was going to bake it all, but the bride (niece) changed the design the other day and now the bottom is going to be round instead of square. My niece that is doing the baking visited me last weekend and I sent my pans with her, except the bottom was going to be a square so I sent my square pan. Now it is round, so I made round ones today. If I take it out and decorate it on Wednesday night - and it isn't served until Saturday night... that's too long - Right? I will travel Thursday evening, I have to work all day Thursday. I may just have to get my other niece to buy a pan and bake it there as well.

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 27 Oct 2013 , 6:40am
post #5 of 6

yeah....i personally wouldnt hold a fully decorated cake for that long..but i would think if you froze the cake it could be fine for saturday. to be safe you could brush simple syrup on the frozen layer

johnbailey64 Posted 28 Oct 2013 , 1:56am
post #6 of 6

I think I may just keep it frozen until I leave Thursday night. Maybe I can get an insulated bag to take it in and just decorate it Saturday with the rest of it.

I found the exact cake on here that some one had done with tips on the chevron too. :-)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%