Whipped Cream Frosting Sturdy Enough For Fondant?

Decorating By SSCakery541 Updated 27 Nov 2013 , 9:25pm by SSCakery541

SSCakery541 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SSCakery541 Posted 26 Oct 2013 , 4:10pm
post #1 of 7

Hi all! So, i've had a request from a client for Whipped Cream Frosting. The design of the cake requires fondant... will this hold up on Whipped Cream frosting? I've never made WC frosting... anyone have a STURDY recipe they'd like to share? Keep in mind - I will be traveling about 1.5 hours over pretty bumpy road... so I really really need it to hold up... thank you so much!!!

6 replies
Krypto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Krypto Posted 26 Oct 2013 , 5:39pm
post #2 of 7

This is my favorite recipe. I always use heavy cream and not coffee creamer. It gets really hard in the fridge so I would not worry about traveling with your cake as long as it's cold. Best wishes!

http://veenaartofcakes.blogspot.com/2011/12/buttercream-properly-whipped.html

SSCakery541 Posted 26 Oct 2013 , 10:14pm
post #3 of 7

Krypto - thank you SOOO much!!! This is an Icing Smiles cake so I want to be able to make whatever this little boy wishes... I greatly appreciate this!!!!

Krypto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Krypto Posted 26 Oct 2013 , 10:21pm
post #4 of 7

What a great opportunity! I am so happy for you and your client. I hope you like the recipe, I really love it. It's not as sweet as normal ABC. Just make sure you use less cream when it's hot and or humid outside. I also add more extract than called for. She has a short video on her site, go to the very end to see what the texture should look like.

SSCakery541 Posted 31 Oct 2013 , 7:35pm
post #5 of 7

Wonderful!! I will be *hopefully* making it this next week!!! to try it out :) Thank you!!! Have a wonderful day!!!

MyFairDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MyFairDiva Posted 27 Nov 2013 , 1:18pm
post #6 of 7

AHi! Did you get to try the recipe that was recommended? Was it good?

I'm bumping this thread up because I needed to ask this same question, however Veena's recipe commented here is "Buttercream" and what I was wondering about is "Whipped Cream".

Thanks in advance! Cinthia

SSCakery541 Posted 27 Nov 2013 , 9:25pm
post #7 of 7

I didn't :/ the family decided to go to Vanilla buttercream instead :) sorry tho! Good luck with yours!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%