Patchwork Cutters??

Decorating By rebecca67e Updated 25 Oct 2013 , 8:31pm by Godot

rebecca67e Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rebecca67e Posted 25 Oct 2013 , 7:44pm
post #1 of 3

Hi,

I have some letter patchwork cutters (by accident, lol) but no idea how to use them. They're like this...

http://www.globalsugarart.com/alphabet-capitals-set-by-patchwork-cutters-p-18271.html

At first I thought you're meant to twist off the individual letters, but on my one you definitely can't. They're all attached really well and there's a holder at the back to hold the whole thing together. How are you meant to emboss/cut individual letters if they're all going to be stuck together?

Sorry if any of this is really obvious.... I've tried to find the answer elsewhere online but haven't found any answers for all the letters being stuck together in the same block.

Thanks

2 replies
mfeagan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mfeagan Posted 25 Oct 2013 , 7:59pm
post #2 of 3

They are similar to Tappit letter cutters. 

Roll your fondant really thin. Let it sit for a few minutes to dry out...this will give you better results! 

Cut strips of fondant that are as wide as the rows of letters. Then cut those strips down smaller to accommodate just the letter you need.

Place the letter over your fondant and press down hard, then roll it around on your surface. That will help get a very clean cut. 

You should be able to smack it down on your counter after that to get the letter out. (Don't smack too hard...you don't want to break your cutters!)

Leave the letter there for a few more minutes or until it is completely dry. Then you should be able to pick it up with a small metal spatula. 

Hope that helps!

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 25 Oct 2013 , 8:31pm
post #3 of 3

APatchwork recommend mexican paste.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%