Edible Printer Questions

Decorating By nmcnier Updated 21 Oct 2013 , 3:51pm by nmcnier

nmcnier Posted 21 Oct 2013 , 3:27pm
post #1 of 3

Hi all,


I'm kind of a newbie to the world of cake decorating. I'm 28 years old with a 6 month old baby boy, so I don't have a lot of money to burn. Actually getting into this as a way to make some extra money. Been doing some research on edible printers, and figured out that you cannot use a printer that's had normal ink ran through it. This make sense! What I want to know is can I just replace the printerhead and the printer be "like new"?



2 replies
ddaigle Posted 21 Oct 2013 , 3:39pm
post #2 of 3

If you don't do a lot of edible images...the edible ink dries out quick.  I would suggest you get them printed from a local bakery or grocery store and include that price into your price.  Around here, the cost is $10.  I would make some phone calls to see who does it in your area and what they charge.


And edible cartridges are only compatible with certain printers.

nmcnier Posted 21 Oct 2013 , 3:51pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks for the reply, I was hoping I could find an canon ip3600 and just replace the printerhead.

Quote by @%username% on %date%