Help Giant Cupcake Shell Stuck!!!

Decorating By Sarah1986 Updated 21 Oct 2013 , 9:31am by Sarah1986

Sarah1986 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarah1986 Posted 18 Oct 2013 , 7:03am
post #1 of 4

Hi All,

Having a disaster making a giant cupcake shell, I just used plain dair milk chocolate chilled it over night and it just will not pop out of the wilton tin!!! Do any of you have any suggestions? Have I used the wrong chocolate?

Thanks

Sarah

3 replies
810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 18 Oct 2013 , 11:38am
post #2 of 4

You need to slightly warm the outside of the tin.  Soak a tea towel in hot water and squeeze it out till there is no water.  Wrap the damp, hot towel around the tin for a minute and then tip your tin upside down and try and gently ease the chocolate shell out.  You can also do the same thing if you have a decorating blow torch, flame the outside of the tin and ease the chocolate out. It is much easier to use a flexible silicone mould, I bought one at Kmart very cheap.

rjcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rjcakes Posted 18 Oct 2013 , 4:16pm
post #3 of 4

If you used chocolate that needs to be tempered, you may have a problem in its release from the pan. I just made a couple of the giant cupcake wrappers and used candy coating and it released fine both times. But like the poster above said, try and gently heat the pan to see if the chocolate will release. The other option is putting it in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes. That should cause the chocolate to shrink and it may pop out.

Good luck!

RJ

Sarah1986 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarah1986 Posted 21 Oct 2013 , 9:31am
post #4 of 4

Thanks to both of you for your replies. I did however solve the problem by putting the tin in the freezer for 15 minutes and it popped out a treat....few!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%