Cake Central Classes Dallas Were So Much Fun

Decorating By LeanneW Updated 22 Oct 2013 , 4:54pm by m w feliycia

LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 17 Oct 2013 , 11:22pm
post #1 of 12

Jackie and I just returned from Cake Central Classes in Dallas with Michelle Bommarito, Dawn Parrott, and Joshua John Russell.  We had the best time! Everyone had a great Cake Central Classes experience learning from these amazing instructors.  The food was incredible too!

We made so many new friends, like Mariela and Pamela who came all the way from Costa Rica, and really enjoyed getting to know everyone.

Check out some of our favorite photos from the weekend and be sure to share your favorite moments and photos too.

11 replies
Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 18 Oct 2013 , 6:57pm
post #2 of 12

Dallas was so much fun!  I learned so much from the instructors, and had a blast meeting everyone. 

One of my favorite moments of the weekend was watching the beginning of Dawn Parrott's Oriental Stringwork class, then coming back about 20 minutes later. Everyone had such beautifully decorated cakes in such a short period of time!  Leanne surprised me and purchased Dawn's Oriental stringwork DVD for me as an early birthday gift, so now I am going to have to practice and add my own string work cake to the gallery!

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 18 Oct 2013 , 7:34pm
post #3 of 12

AI really wanted to go but couldn't make it work financially. Next time!

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 18 Oct 2013 , 9:54pm
post #4 of 12

:top hat:

It looks wonderful. I am envious of you folks in the lower 48 who can go to these events. I'm lucky to get to Seattle once a year for a Mariners game.

Do you CC people ever give classes in Seattle?

LisaBakes14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaBakes14 Posted 18 Oct 2013 , 10:27pm
post #5 of 12

I had such a great time taking Dawn Parrott's Bridgeless Stringwork class in Dallas!  Dawn is a great instructor!  Informative, encouraging, and engaging!

Jackie and LeanneW were amazing hostesses! They were as much fun as Dawn!

If you have opportunity to take any of the classes in the future, do it!  I enjoyed my day learning and visiting with other cake decorators in a fabulous setting!

Really, I would love to have opportunity for more classes in Dallas!  Soon!

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 18 Oct 2013 , 10:29pm
post #6 of 12

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBalaska 

:top hat:

It looks wonderful. I am envious of you folks in the lower 48 who can go to these events. I'm lucky to get to Seattle once a year for a Mariners game.

Do you CC people ever give classes in Seattle?

Believe it or not, CC Headquarters are actually IN Seattle, just a few blocks from Safeco Field!  While we don't have anything planned for Seattle right now, be sure to stay subscribed to the CC newsletter, as we will be announcing new cities.  

MBalaska Posted 18 Oct 2013 , 11:53pm
post #7 of 12

Jackie:  I just looked at the Cake Central Magazine website.  It blew my socks off. WOW

http://cakecentralmagazine.com/

I simply had to subscribe and get a back issue, the one with the winter wonderland cakes.

My homemade goodies look like they are made with Lincoln logs & Leggos compared to your website.  Everyone has to start somewhere, so I'm looking forward to learning more skills from your magazine. [ ps: If you office has cakes in it, I'll be there next season. ]

;-D

m w feliycia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m w feliycia Posted 19 Oct 2013 , 11:58am
post #8 of 12

ACan i learn online..........

MBalaska Posted 22 Oct 2013 , 2:11am
post #9 of 12

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBalaska 
Cake Central Magazine website.  It blew my socks off. WOW

http://cakecentralmagazine.com/

;-D

Just got the first download of the Cake Central Magazine. tons of high quality resolution professional cake photos. Thanks for creating such a beautiful magazine.

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 22 Oct 2013 , 2:26am
post #10 of 12

Quote:

Originally Posted by m w feliycia 

Can i learn online..........

You can learn a lot on cakecentral.com!  Between all the amazing information shared by all the community members and the tutorials that we highlight on the homepage you can find almost anything.

If you want a step up from that Craftsy.com has a wonderful and growing library of online video-based cake classes, we consider them the best online classes to be found.

Nothing really replaces experience of live education though.  There is no substitute for being in a small class led by a talented instructor who can help you in real time as you practice the techniques they are teaching.

From all accounts Dawn, Joshua and Michelle all providing an amazing experience for their students in Dallas!

m w feliycia Posted 22 Oct 2013 , 4:51pm
post #11 of 12

AHi Thanks you for the reply....i have watched few video from crafty.com and have learned new Technics. i have purchased some online cake central magazine they are great ...by the way im from Srilanka. and i don't get any latest cake magazines in the market so i purchase online magazines from you'll.................

m w feliycia Posted 22 Oct 2013 , 4:54pm
post #12 of 12

AHi Thanks you for the reply....i have watched few video from crafty.com and have learned new Technics. i have purchased some online cake central magazine they are great ...by the way im from Srilanka. and i don't get any latest cake magazines in the market here.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%