Does This Cookie Recipe Look Strange To You?

Baking By rebecca67e Updated 18 Oct 2013 , 6:12am by rebecca67e

rebecca67e Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rebecca67e Posted 17 Oct 2013 , 9:02pm
post #1 of 4

I haven't made cutout sugar cookies in about 6 months. I was going to make 'em this weekend. Looking at the recipe I had written out (which turned out good, back then), it looks odd to me. I'm wondering if you guys think I may have made a typo or something :/ Just doesn't seem like enough butter. I've tried to convert into cups as well.... still confuses me.

·         225g Butter   (1 cup)

·         400g granulated sugar    (2 cups)

·         3 eggs

·         700g flour    (5 and a half cups)

·         1 tsp salt

·         3 tsp vanilla

What do you think? Thanks

3 replies
amber1215 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amber1215 Posted 18 Oct 2013 , 1:59am
post #2 of 4

AI think there is a typo, I made a batch of cookies tonight pretty much identical to that and I used 2 cups of butter, and even still it was pretty dry.

sewsugarqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsugarqueen Posted 18 Oct 2013 , 2:26am
post #3 of 4

Your grams to cups measurements look off.  454 or 452g ( I forget exact#) to a pound  so butter is close to half pound and sugar is almost a pound  so that would need measuring.  Have you tried just the metric weight and after measuring put it into cups to measure.

700 g flour sounds like way too much flour for butter/sugar ratio. 3 eggs even with creamed butter and sugar just don't given enough moisture to that much flour.  Does this help?  I would go online to look for similar recipes and compare ingredients then alter your recipe or choose a new one.

rebecca67e Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rebecca67e Posted 18 Oct 2013 , 6:12am
post #4 of 4

Oh I was only converting to cups for the sake of asking you guys for help haha, I never use cups when I'm baking. So yeah there might be a mistake.

And that's why it's kind of difficult to compare to a lot of recipes online.... because most use cups.

But I agree I think there's a typo.... I'll probably just find a new recipe and see how it goes.

Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%