Help

Business By heavely send Updated 19 Oct 2013 , 12:05am by heavely send

heavely send Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavely send Posted 17 Oct 2013 , 8:52pm
post #1 of 10

ANeed to do a 10" 3 layer cake chocolate and vanilla with chocolate chips cookie filling butter cream frosting -cookie monster design- debating in how much to charge $50?

9 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 17 Oct 2013 , 9:06pm
post #2 of 10

If you are happy charging $1.19 per slice (I am basing that on the Wilton charts saying a 3 layer 10" cake would serve 42 slices), then yes, do it for $50. 

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 17 Oct 2013 , 11:27pm
post #3 of 10

A$50 would probably be about $5 an hour after your expenses. That is not a good hourly wage.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 17 Oct 2013 , 11:29pm
post #4 of 10

ACookie monster is copyrighted so you would need permission from Sesame Workshop in order to legally sell the cake.

As for pricing, you need to take into account your ingredients, labor, and overhead costs from your business license, food safety certification, health permits, insurance, etc. plus a profit. Check out the Pricing Formula link in my signature below for more info.

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 17 Oct 2013 , 11:31pm
post #5 of 10

also any cake over 4" thick usually requires supports so you would need to figure that into the cost.

heavely send Posted 18 Oct 2013 , 11:44pm
post #6 of 10

Thank you for all your responses!  After telling the client the price of the cake which was $50 she stated that it was way over her budget and that she was going to get a cake from the supermarket.  Well I guess you can't please everybody :smile:

thanks

Heavenly Cakes

heavely send Posted 19 Oct 2013 , 12:03am
post #7 of 10

Thank you for all your responses!  After telling the client the price of the cake which was $50 she stated that it was way over her budget and that she was going to get a cake from the supermarket.  Well I guess you can't please everybody :smile:

thanks

Heavenly Cakes

heavely send Posted 19 Oct 2013 , 12:04am
post #8 of 10

thanks

Heavenly Cakes

heavely send Posted 19 Oct 2013 , 12:04am
post #9 of 10

thank you for the infomation

heavely send Posted 19 Oct 2013 , 12:05am
post #10 of 10

Quote:

Originally Posted by BatterUpCake 

also any cake over 4" thick usually requires supports so you would need to figure that into the cost.

thank you for the information I am new at this

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%