cserr4 Posted 17 Oct 2013 , 1:28pm
post #1 of

I have a customer who is wanting a tiered cake and she wants 6 tiers!! The most i've ever done is 4. Can you even deliver a 6 tiered cake without it falling over? She wants it stacked with no pillars or anything in between. Thanks in advance for the advice.

7 replies
AZCouture Posted 17 Oct 2013 , 2:12pm
post #2 of

A8. But no way in heck would I transport it fully assembled. First 4 tiers yes, and after that, the rest get stacked on site.

-K8memphis Posted 17 Oct 2013 , 2:34pm
post #3 of

because of the weight---will probably be too heavy to handle--unless it's really petite--could probably do a 4x6x8x10x12x14--but that's a lot of cake--a 4x5x6x7x8x9* would be a snap--depends on the serving amount--a 3x5x7x9x11x13 would also work delivered stacked--

or if you have a couple really short tiers--that would decrease the weight too--or if they were all short tiers

tons of variables--

* stacked asymmetrically

how many servings?

Relznik Posted 17 Oct 2013 , 3:26pm
post #4 of

Most I've stacked is 5 tiers.  I couldn't even move it across the counter, though, let alone carry it.  Fortunately, my husband was available to help!

I can just about carry a 3 tier...  anything bigger I need to get my hubby to carry for me.

BrandisBaked Posted 17 Oct 2013 , 4:24pm
post #5 of

AI did 7 tiers for my wedding cake and only had bubble tea straws for support (and 3 full dowels down the center). I didnt have to drive with it - just get it from my hotel suite to the reception site (in the hotel) and I was a nervous wreck! The bellman moved it for me on a luggage cart and I walked beside it with my hand holding it steady. If I would have had time (or wasn't in a wedding dress), I would have done it a a 4 tier and a three tier and assembled on site. If I had to drive with it, i'd have had a coronary or an accident, no doubt.

Assemble on site! Don't put yourself through that kind of stress.

remnant3333 Posted 17 Oct 2013 , 4:57pm
post #6 of

I have to go with the others who say to assemble on site!!  There would be less stress on you that way!!

Pastrybaglady Posted 17 Oct 2013 , 4:57pm
post #7 of

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZCouture 

8. But no way in heck would I transport it fully assembled. First 4 tiers yes, and after that, the rest get stacked on site.

Wow, I couldn't even imagine what an 8 tiered cake would look like so I had to google it. Goodness, how much did it weigh?

leah_s Posted 17 Oct 2013 , 5:31pm
post #8 of

I've done several 7 tiers and a bunch of 6 tiers.  And no I can't lift a monster cake like that.  Even with SPS I assemble on site when they are that big.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%