Leave A Buttercream Cake Out

Decorating By joyfullnoize Updated 17 Oct 2013 , 5:36pm by joyfullnoize

joyfullnoize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joyfullnoize Posted 15 Oct 2013 , 9:26pm
post #1 of 7

I am doing a restaurant building cake for a customer.  It will be covered in buttercream (butter, shortening, vanilla, icing sugar)...there is no filling...it is a slab cake...It will have some fondant accents on it also.

The customer wants to leave it out on display when the restaurant opens at 5pm, til about 11pm, as people walk in the door...The restaurant is closing, so, it's kind of a good luck cake.

anyway, can the customer leave the cake out all that time?  Even with the fondant on it?..I live in Ontario, Canada, so, I don't have to worry about heat/sun this time of year.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you:-)

6 replies
Danilou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danilou Posted 15 Oct 2013 , 9:28pm
post #2 of 7

AThat should be fine!

joyfullnoize Posted 15 Oct 2013 , 9:31pm
post #3 of 7

Thank you.  That was quick and painless.

ropalma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ropalma Posted 15 Oct 2013 , 9:33pm
post #4 of 7

AI did a buttercream cake this past weekend. I finished buttercream and fondant decoration at midnight on Friday and left it out all night crust and fondant to harden until I delivered it on Saturday at 2 pm. The cake was not eaten until 6 pm on Saturday and the customer feedback was that it was delicious. I know yours will not be eaten but if they wanted to I am sure it will be OK.

joyfullnoize Posted 15 Oct 2013 , 11:31pm
post #5 of 7

Thank you very much.  Your story helps and makes me feel better.  It's amazing how we can fret over little things like this. Thanks again!

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 16 Oct 2013 , 12:50am
post #6 of 7

I made a red velvet WASC cake that was covered in BC with fondant decorations. A week later it was as delicious and moist as the first day after cutting away the piece that had been exposed to air.

joyfullnoize Posted 17 Oct 2013 , 5:36pm
post #7 of 7

Quote:

Originally Posted by BatterUpCake 

I made a red velvet WASC cake that was covered in BC with fondant decorations. A week later it was as delicious and moist as the first day after cutting away the piece that had been exposed to air.

thank you very much for the feedback.  That's good to know!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%