How Often Are Inspections In Virginia?

Business By Hilerie Updated 8 Nov 2013 , 6:19pm by PeachAngel1

Hilerie Posted 13 Oct 2013 , 3:34pm
post #1 of 9

AI had my kitchen inspected a few years ago in a Virginia. I passed and have been operating just fine. It just occurred to me that they have never re-inspected my kitchen or contacted me again and it's been several years now... Is this typical for a home-based business? Thanks!

8 replies
BatterUpCake Posted 13 Oct 2013 , 6:51pm
post #2 of 9

it depends on your location. My city, Norfolk doesn't even allow home baking :x

Hilerie Posted 13 Oct 2013 , 6:56pm
post #3 of 9

AWow! I live in Shenandoah County and have had an occupational permit for 11 years, I also had my kitchen inspected and approved by the Dept of Agriculture but haven't heard from them in years. Maybe I'm still good.

BatterUpCake Posted 13 Oct 2013 , 7:08pm
post #4 of 9

You should be able to search Virginia's Dept of Agriculture. Inspections and heath regs fal under them I believe

Hilerie Posted 13 Oct 2013 , 7:13pm
post #5 of 9

AThanks! Also, I checked out your cake stands, they are beautiful!

BatterUpCake Posted 13 Oct 2013 , 7:21pm
post #6 of 9

Thank you so much! I am vending at my first event in Md this weekend. I hope for lots of sales!

justdesserts Posted 13 Oct 2013 , 8:57pm
post #7 of 9

When I first started my business, I was inspected every year. Then they said if my water tested good for 3 straight years, it would go to every other year. This past inspection it had gotten to more like 2.5 years simply because my inspector was really busy and had a backlog to get to. My next one will be in 2015.

costumeczar Posted 14 Oct 2013 , 12:50am
post #8 of 9

I work in Henrico and they come out about once every couple of years depending on how busy they are. They told me that they try to get to everyone once a year but they have so many other things on their hands and they're understaffed, so they usually can't. I had a call from the Dept of Agr. asking if I was still in business so they could set something up, that was about a month ago and they still haven't called.

PeachAngel1 Posted 8 Nov 2013 , 6:19pm
post #9 of 9

AI'm in Portsmouth VA so I guess that goes for us too huh??

Original message sent by BatterUpCake

it depends on your location. My city, Norfolk doesn't even allow home baking :x

Quote by @%username% on %date%