Fondant Help!

Decorating By countrygirlz Updated 17 Oct 2013 , 11:55pm by countrygirlz

countrygirlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrygirlz Posted 11 Oct 2013 , 6:12pm
post #1 of 5

Hello!! I have made fondant a couple of times and both times it seemed to crack and not stay nice and smooth........what can I do to fix this??  The last recipe I used was Micheal Fosters fondant recipe.  Am I adding to much sugar?? Please help me figure out what to do to make perfect fondant!

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 11 Oct 2013 , 8:16pm
post #2 of 5

It's a fine line between just right and too dry.

Try adding a bit of shortening and/or cut down on the amount of sugar.  Go slowly.  Don't take take out say like 2 cups and expect it to be right; start w/leaving out 1/4 c.  When you roll it out are you using p.s. on the surface or shortening?  Which ever you are using, try the other:)  When using shortening, put just a small dab on and rub it round well, then take a paper towel and lightly rub over it so you don't have too muich on the surface.

Personally I prefer to use Wilton, adding flavoring to it for a better taste.  I only made fondant once or twice and found it to be much to much work for me :)

LaurasCakes273 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurasCakes273 Posted 11 Oct 2013 , 8:22pm
post #3 of 5

Always wanted to make my own fondant. but after the same disasters you have had i gave up. so ill try this! thanks:)

brandi garza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brandi garza Posted 11 Oct 2013 , 8:44pm
post #4 of 5

AI make marshmallow fondant and it has a good taste and it is easy

countrygirlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrygirlz Posted 17 Oct 2013 , 11:55pm
post #5 of 5

AThank you, I will try and play around, I just want it to be nice and smooth and not rolling apart......maybe next time it will work out for me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%