How Much Should You Charge For A Fondant Or Gumpaste Cupcake Toppers ?

Business By smplycreative2 Updated 12 Oct 2013 , 2:22am by mfeagan

smplycreative2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smplycreative2 Posted 10 Oct 2013 , 6:45pm
post #1 of 4

I have been doing cakes and cupcake for over a year .I'm still learning the ropes? I would like to know how much should you charge for cupcake toppers? base price and up of course with the cupcake included.

3 replies
mfeagan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mfeagan Posted 10 Oct 2013 , 11:06pm
post #2 of 4

It really depends on how much work you have to put in to make each one. Are you talking very detailed, or just simple flowers? 

smplycreative2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smplycreative2 Posted 11 Oct 2013 , 6:30pm
post #3 of 4

Base price for a cupcake with frosting to one with a flower and another with more detail. I think I'm underpricing my cupcakes 

mfeagan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mfeagan Posted 12 Oct 2013 , 2:22am
post #4 of 4

ASorry if this is small...I'm replying on my ipad and it looks weird!

Anyway, think of your cupcakes as one serving of cake. What do you charge per serving when you sell a whole cake? $2, $3? That's the best way to look at it.

People fail to realize that just as much work or more goes into making custom cupcakes.

I charge $3 per cupcake. I include simple fondant flowers at no extra charge. They take very little time and material to make. If you click on my avatar, you'll see some white ones with little blue flowers. That's the kind of flower I'm talking about.

If you have to make really detailed toppers that take hours to create, you sort of have to judge that for the time it takes to make them. If it takes you 2 hours to make 2 dozen toppers, you need to decide how much extra you will charge. Whether it be per cupcake or per hour.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%