Have To Do A Paper On A Baker...any Volunteers

Lounge By BatterUpCake Updated 10 Oct 2013 , 11:01pm by cakealicious7

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 10 Oct 2013 , 1:13pm
post #1 of 8

They must be famous enough to have a citable source online. But would be willing to answer a couple of questions from me. I know there are plenty on here and was hoping one would volunteer. It is a very short paper..

I would like to know what started them baking. Describe their rise to the top and when did they know the "made it". And what their greatest accomplishment has been. Any stars they have done work for, awards won, where they have been published.

Nothing real intense...just short answers. Everyone else is going to do theirs of Duff, Buddy and other TV celebrities. I want to do mine on a real baker. One that does their own work and has not become commercialized. It does not have to be a Sylvia Weinstock or a Ron Ben Israel.

If anyone wants to email me their story and I can find article or bios published on the web I would really appreciate it. Thank you and Happy Caking!

7 replies
BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 10 Oct 2013 , 2:41pm
post #2 of 8

AI'm not only famous, I'm IN-FAMOUS! Heh. Kidding. Good luck on your paper! :-)

BatterUpCake Posted 10 Oct 2013 , 3:02pm
post #3 of 8

lol...dork

sewsugarqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsugarqueen Posted 10 Oct 2013 , 8:56pm
post #4 of 8

Check out Ciril Hirtz... he teaches or did teach at Johnson & Wales and has appeared and taught all over.  He has DVD's on many baking techniques... The man is a genius!! had the pleasure to attend 3 different seminars and learned so much... best advice he gave was about being consistent with your product.  He did his training in Switzerland I believe.

BatterUpCake Posted 10 Oct 2013 , 9:34pm
post #5 of 8

I want to thank everyone for their input. Everyone is doing something on National Celebrities. I want you all to know that you are all celebrities to me. I think it is a much greater accomplishment to get your name well known without ever having your own reality series. If your fame comes based on your work alone, that makes you a role model to me!

I have had several bakers from here give me short bios to do this project. Have I ever said how much I love CC? You all are the most giving helpful people....sometimes the message doesn't come wrapped in potpourribut it is always for the benefit of others.

I have all of the info that I need at this time and have narrowed itdown to 2 bakers. Would the rest of society consider them "famous"? Probably not. But in the right circles they are...famous and admired.

Thank you to everyone who has participated.

IowaBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IowaBaker Posted 10 Oct 2013 , 10:32pm
post #6 of 8

I'm so glad you got some volunteers. I would have, but no one would be interested in me and my shaped pan obsession, err, collection! Home baker only, will never make the news.

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 10 Oct 2013 , 10:44pm
post #7 of 8

Awww.youtube.com/watch?v=0b6_i_eSgR8

:D

cakealicious7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakealicious7 Posted 10 Oct 2013 , 11:01pm
post #8 of 8

A

Original message sent by sewsugarqueen

Check out Ciril Hirtz... he teaches or did teach at Johnson & Wales and has appeared and taught all over.  He has DVD's on many baking techniques... The man is a genius!! had the pleasure to attend 3 different seminars and learned so much... best advice he gave was about being consistent with your product.  He did his training in Switzerland I believe.

Soooo agree with you!!! I just watched him last night on YouTube and was sooo impressed!!! Can't wait to see more of his work!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%