Australian Mud Cake?

Baking By OhForCakesSake Updated 10 Oct 2013 , 4:08pm by Cakespirations

OhForCakesSake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhForCakesSake Posted 10 Oct 2013 , 4:03am
post #1 of 5

Hi Everyone! I am looking at trying a mud cake recipe, but I'm not sure where to start? I know there are lots of threads here on CC with recipes and things, but most of them are using grams. I'm in the US - does anyone have an Australian mud cake recipe that has been converted to US Measurements (cups)?

Also, any tips or tricks you can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much!

4 replies
ApplegumPam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumPam Posted 10 Oct 2013 , 4:11am
post #2 of 5

You will find the answer in my signature  - there is another thread here somewhere where they did a test using 3 separate mudcake recipes - one of which was mine

******Sarcasm warning********

Oh geez, you Americans  - the rest of the world is METRIC - you insist on hanging on to your imperial measures,...... AND then you want us to convert the recipes for you???

C'mon......   its called online metric converter

OR better still - invest in a set of digital scales - where you can change the unit from pounds, ounces & grams!  THEN you won't have to worry!

PS - in the recipe I ahve addressed a lot of your questions  - it was uploaded under ApplegumKitchen  but my username is now ApplegumPam

OhForCakesSake Posted 10 Oct 2013 , 3:45pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks for the response! It looks like I will have to get a digital scale, as the recipe still includes weight of butter and chocolate :) Oh well, it was something I had to do anyway, this will just encourage me to get one sooner (like this weekend!). I think that will be a lot easier than trying to change the US System of Measurement!  Any of the online metric converters I tried indicate that they work for US recipes only, not for Australian to US.

I'm excited to try your recipe, everyone raves about mud cakes and I've never tried (eaten or baked) them before. Thanks again for the info! Wish me luck!

OhForCakesSake Posted 10 Oct 2013 , 3:45pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks for the response! It looks like I will have to get a digital scale, as the recipe still includes weight of butter and chocolate :) Oh well, it was something I had to do anyway, this will just encourage me to get one sooner (like this weekend!). I think that will be a lot easier than trying to change the US System of Measurement!  Any of the online metric converters I tried indicate that they work for US recipes only, not for Australian to US.

I'm excited to try your recipe, everyone raves about mud cakes and I've never tried (eaten or baked) them before. Thanks again for the info! Wish me luck!

Cakespirations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakespirations Posted 10 Oct 2013 , 4:06pm
post #5 of 5

AEven in good old "Ameerika" the professionals weigh everything and use a scale. Grams are more accurate to scale to. Uniformity in flavor is key, I know when I weigh and bake today, that cake is the same as when I weighed and baked yesterday. Scrapping a knife across a cup of flour is going to be different each and every time based on humidity, sifting, compacting when you scoop and a multitude of other reasons. To include type of flour used. As a trained chef here in the USA, we are taught the metric system. If I were you, I would join the rest of us and get a scale. ;)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%