Imbc

Decorating By cookoo4cakes Updated 8 Oct 2013 , 5:06am by cookoo4cakes

cookoo4cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookoo4cakes Posted 8 Oct 2013 , 4:29am
post #1 of 5

AHi everyone! I'm TOTALLY new to baking. My son's first birthday is in December and I really want to make the cake myself. I have a delicious recipe for a chocolate cake. I made American buttercream and thought it was too sweet. I then made IMBC which came out good. I used clear vanilla extract. Problem is that when I ate the cake a couple days later, it basically tasted like chocolate cake filled with butter! I was hoping someone could give me some advice or tell me what I did wrong.

Thanks in advance! Members of this site are so informative. I've learned so much from you guys!!

4 replies
BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 8 Oct 2013 , 4:38am
post #2 of 5

Did you flavor the IMBC? I always add vanilla, Lorann oils, peanut butter. I never make it just straight up.

cookoo4cakes Posted 8 Oct 2013 , 4:47am
post #3 of 5

AI put 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract. Should I have put more?

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 8 Oct 2013 , 4:54am
post #4 of 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookoo4cakes 

I put 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract. Should I have put more?

I put my flavorings in to taste. I do not see why the flavoring would have changed from the day you made it to a couple of days later. Did you eat it the second time chilled? IMBC and SMBC are always best served at room temp.

cookoo4cakes Posted 8 Oct 2013 , 5:06am
post #5 of 5

AIt was room temp. How thick of a filling do you put between the layers? The first time I made it, it was amazing. The second one I made, too buttery. My husband just brought to my attention that the second time around the filling was thicker. Would that make a difference?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%