Will Buttercream Frosting Melt In The Car?

Decorating By wanchi97 Updated 8 Oct 2013 , 10:31pm by kakeladi

wanchi97 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wanchi97 Posted 7 Oct 2013 , 8:20am
post #1 of 8

AHi all , I am having my first bake sale this Friday and will need to transport 50 cupcakes to another state . My question is , will buttercream frosting withstand 4 hours of car ride ? If I add milk into the buttercream frosting , will it turn bad ?

7 replies
Beckalita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beckalita Posted 7 Oct 2013 , 6:53pm
post #2 of 8

You don't say where you are located, but in hot weather you can keep your car's air conditioning cranked and the buttercream should be just fine.   Also, with most buttercream recipes ~ the high sugar content will keep dairy products from going rancid too quickly.  

bigdad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigdad Posted 7 Oct 2013 , 7:03pm
post #3 of 8

If you are making it with all butter be carefull if you are using Crisco or half butter and half Crisco you should be fime. Maybe box them and use some ice bags. good luck

cookiejar1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiejar1 Posted 8 Oct 2013 , 2:44am
post #4 of 8

AAnd keep in the shade. Even if the car is cold, the sunlight hitting the cupcakes will melt almost any frosting, except maybe fondant.

wanchi97 Posted 8 Oct 2013 , 12:18pm
post #5 of 8

AThank you all for being so helpful ! :))

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 8 Oct 2013 , 2:39pm
post #6 of 8

AWhy don't you pack the frosting into a bunch of piping bags, put in a cooler, then frost when you get there? Leave a bit early.

wanchi97 Posted 8 Oct 2013 , 10:28pm
post #7 of 8

AMy next question is , how fresh do cupcakes last ? If I need it by Saturday afternoon and bake them on Thursday night , will they still be fresh ? :) thanks !

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Oct 2013 , 10:31pm
post #8 of 8

they should be fine for about 3 days total - especially if you box them, then put the b ox into a lg plastic bag.  Secret Agent offered a good suggestion.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%