Friday Night Cake Club For 10/4/13

Decorating By catlharper Updated 9 Oct 2013 , 4:59pm by BatterUpCake

smittyditty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smittyditty Posted 7 Oct 2013 , 7:47pm
post #31 of 35

Pretty flowers Rosie! I haven't done that technique yet.

Mallory you need to see them they are really good. My parents read the books to me when I was little. Yes I know above my age but hey I liked to listen to people talk

I was a weird little kid. The images are so pretty. Its so funny how in my mind I was thinking that was only a 6" cake..lol..not.

My eyes play tricks on me.

RuthiePearl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RuthiePearl Posted 8 Oct 2013 , 12:48am
post #32 of 35

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiwo 

'Errrrr....What flaws? I don't see em!

Well, if you don't see them, then I'm not going to point them out :P  I guess I'm my worse critic and my eyes go right to the mistakes, even if others won't see them.  Thanks everyone for the complements.  Hoping to get more confidant the more cakes I make.

Everyone's work is awesome!  Smitty, I LOVE the flower!  Lovemykids2bits, I keep trying to talk my boys into a pirate birthday so I can do a pirate ship.  Yours is so good!  Batterup, I wish I wasn't such a chicken about making a semi.  For my middle son's birthday his original request was for a semi hauling a monster truck on the flat bed.  I talked him into a tiered cake with a monster truck on top (posted it a couple weeks ago).  What I like about your semi as opposed to others I've seen is that your semi is actually off the board.  Most I've seen the truck and bed are sitting right on the board.  Auntginn, I love your cake, so cute.  I'm the opposite, I love doing kids cakes.  Mallorymaid, I have to admit that I've never seen LOTR either but I love your cliff side!  Rosie, I have yet to try that technique.  One day... :)

Rosie93095 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie93095 Posted 8 Oct 2013 , 12:53am
post #33 of 35

Everyone did a great job this week! All of your cakes are so original and unique. I just love this thread and look forward to it every week!

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 9 Oct 2013 , 4:43pm
post #34 of 35

My gosh everyone! For some reason I don't get notices in my email every time someone posts here...it's more like every 10th post. So when I got an update today I was SHOCKED to see so many posts here and so many really really great cakes! Beautiful wedding cakes, fun kids cakes...just really wonderful to see all of your wonderful work! Thank you all for coming here and posting each week! A huge welcome to the members who are dropping in the first time and I do hope you will come again! 

For me? Well, I have cake in the oven right now. I am working on a Poker Table cake this week. So bake today, begin the decorating process tomorrow by covering the cake with fondant and add all the tiny details on Friday for a Saturday delivery. It's not a big cake, just one that has a lot of details that will take hours on Friday. I am just hoping it turns out in real life like I have it in my head! I know you all can relate!

Because I'm driving this to the Bay Area on Friday night I'll be starting FNCC early that night. So I'll log in at about 6pm PST instead of 7:45 PST in case you guys wanna join me early!

Cat

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 9 Oct 2013 , 4:59pm
post #35 of 35

I have one in just to practice ganche and paneling techniques. Have not even decided how to decorate it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%