Bride And Groom Cupcakes

Baking By esd12 Updated 4 Oct 2013 , 7:08pm by sarahgale314

esd12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
esd12 Posted 4 Oct 2013 , 12:38pm
post #1 of 4

I am making 65 bride and groom cupcakes this weekend..they will have a buttercream base under the fondant wedding design. I am unsure of how early I can decorate them and how to store them without the fondant getting sticky or ruined in some other way..is it ok to make the fondant toppers which will be circles that top the whole cupcakes a day ahead or will they dry out?  can I refrigerate them or cover with plastic wrap to keep soft without the threat of them getting ruined?  I have made many fondant cakes but always the day of or the night before, but with this order they all have to be individually wrapped in boxes and bows I would have to stay up all night decorating and wrapping them I would like to to do as much prep work as I can.  thanks ahead for any input!

3 replies
sarahgale314 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahgale314 Posted 4 Oct 2013 , 3:10pm
post #2 of 4

AI did 144 fondant covered sugar cookies with a bride and groom design for my mom's wedding last May. I baked in shifts, individually wrapped them, and then stuck them in large boxes, double wrapped the boxes, and froze them. Just be sure to thaw them completely back to room temperature before unwrapping. They come out perfectly.

Here is my blog post so you can see them: http://citrusspicebakery.blogspot.com/2012/06/wedding-cookies.html

esd12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
esd12 Posted 4 Oct 2013 , 6:45pm
post #3 of 4

they are gorgeous!!!!

sarahgale314 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahgale314 Posted 4 Oct 2013 , 7:08pm
post #4 of 4

AThanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%