Royal Icing Under White Chocolate?please Help

Baking By jaseyer Updated 19 Oct 2013 , 7:20am by christ00

jaseyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaseyer Posted 4 Oct 2013 , 12:54am
post #1 of 3

Hi! Someone ordered 30 cupcakes from me and they want "Happy Birthday Sam" written on top of it. The cupcake is chocolate cake with tempered white chocolate on top. Should I use royal icing for piping or are there other things that I can use? Thank you

2 replies
mfeagan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mfeagan Posted 6 Oct 2013 , 12:39am
post #2 of 3

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaseyer 

Hi! Someone ordered 30 cupcakes from me and they want "Happy Birthday Sam" written on top of it. The cupcake is chocolate cake with tempered white chocolate on top. Should I use royal icing for piping or are there other things that I can use? Thank you

I'm not sure if royal icing will work. If the white chocolate hardens, then I think it will work, but if it stays soft like a ganache, I'd be afraid it would break the royal icing down. 

Can you use a dark chocolate ganache? Or just melt down some dark chocolate and use a fine tip to write it? Like a number 1 or 2. 

christ00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christ00 Posted 19 Oct 2013 , 7:20am
post #3 of 3

Hi Jaseyer
I think this one a great idea. You can use royal icing for piping.This will help you to write a name on top, and your cake really looks beautiful. Make sure that icing should be done properly. Good luck for your cupcakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%