Help Please, Smbc And Fondant On Room Temp

Decorating By kiirohana Updated 3 Oct 2013 , 4:25pm by -K8memphis

kiirohana Posted 3 Oct 2013 , 10:29am
post #1 of 2

AI am going to cover a smbc frosted cake with fondant. I live in hot humid weather.

To avoid condensation, I plan to chill the smbc-Frosted cake then cover with white marshmallow fondant. I will then pipe red royal icing scrolls on the side. I plan to let it stay at room temp overnight to let it set.

Will the smbc be stable enough to handle these conditions? If not, what do I do to avoid condensation and the destruction of my royal icing?

1 reply
-K8memphis Posted 3 Oct 2013 , 4:25pm
post #2 of 2

i've started to answer this once before--it's tricky--

i live in a hot humid climate--i ice my frozen filled cakes with smbc and i either let them thaw in the fridge or just slap on the fondant then fridge them--for me--climate control is how i do it--i only let it fully come to room temp as i set it on the table at the delivery point--i deliver them cold from the fridge in protective climate controlled boxes with ice packs in  there so i can survive a traffic jam or whatever unexpected thing might happen--

but everyone does it different and you will find your own comfort zone

i suggest that you test this before you do your big job on it--hey, fridges are different too--while they do dry out our foods they also have different moisture levels in there--what i'm saying is there are tons of variables

best answer--test your pathway first

best wishes

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%