First Paid Cake

Decorating By Beecharmer Updated 18 Sep 2005 , 3:32pm by kendraanne

Beecharmer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beecharmer Posted 18 Sep 2005 , 2:22pm
post #1 of 5

Well, I've finally got an order for a cake. My sister & I keep talking about making business cards, but really I don't have time to decorate full time. Mostly just like to do it when I want to. A girl that works for me has a 5 year old step-daughter and she wants me to make a Care Bear cake. I am going to try the buttercream transfer. I have instructions from Calidawn, but this will be the first time I have ever tried it. Hopefully it won't be too hard. Does anyone think I should try something else instead?

4 replies
MominSC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MominSC Posted 18 Sep 2005 , 2:27pm
post #2 of 5

I have never tried a BC transfer so I am not sure, but I have seen the cutest cake pan/mold for the Care Bare. I have the pan, and from what I see following the directions on it are pretty much easy to follow. I am sure someone here who has more experience can help you out...this is just MO...lol Good luck and congrats on your first paid order!! Can't wait to see a pic icon_smile.gif

Beth

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 18 Sep 2005 , 2:35pm
post #3 of 5

Definitely try the buttercream transfer. Its really pretty easy.

mamafrogcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamafrogcakes Posted 18 Sep 2005 , 2:44pm
post #4 of 5

Oh YES, try a BCT, they are easy as long as you follow the directions and take your time. Also, biggest tip--don't try to make it too thin, that creates nightmares when you try to get the waxed paper off later.
This is my 2 cents b/c I don't care for the character pans with all the stars on it, alot of people do though. Good luck!

kendraanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kendraanne Posted 18 Sep 2005 , 3:32pm
post #5 of 5

Go ahead and try the buttercream transfer. I did my first one yesterday for my brother's b-day cake (from a drawing that my Dad did), and it turned out great!! I'll admit that I was worried that it would turn out horribly, but it ended being so easy!!

I guess the ease of actually making the BCT is what sparked even more worries that it would look awful in the end. I kept thinking that something so simple couldn't possibly have a good outcome icon_eek.gif but it turned out great!!

I say GO FOR IT!!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%