I'm Interested In Becoming A Cake Decorator- What's The Process?

Decorating By tuttle Updated 28 Sep 2013 , 6:38pm by Jeannem

tuttle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tuttle Posted 28 Sep 2013 , 11:50am
post #1 of 2

Hello all

I'm Frank and I live in northern Ohio. North Olmsted specifically. I am interested in cake decorating. I do work in the food industry currently and I also have artistic talent. ( very good artistic talent actually)

Is anyone aware of a school I need to attend in the greater Cleveland area -- and how much does it cost and how long does it take?---or can I get lucky enough to be take under the wing of a knowledgeable person and hired on at entry level that way and work my way up?

Any small or large help is appreciated thanks.

1 reply
Jeannem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannem Posted 28 Sep 2013 , 6:38pm
post #2 of 2

Sooo, what is your current cake ability?? If your current food service job is say a waiter, and you decided this morning that cake decorating looks pretty easy, you might want to start small and bake and stack a few cakes to see if you even like it.

If you can bake, stack and frost a cake, you might want to start small with a  Wilton decorating class series at Micheal's or Jo Ann's.

If you've already got a few successful cakes under your belt (multilayer), perhaps an internship at a local cakery is for you.

Cake decorating is a LOT harder than it looks on TV (kinda like golf), and it's way more than just the decorating part (fun part). Every cake has it's own challenges, that can only be solved with practice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%