Getting Licensed In Nc

Business By ehhicks Updated 1 Oct 2013 , 1:09am by heartsnsync

ehhicks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ehhicks Posted 28 Sep 2013 , 2:27am
post #1 of 3

AHi. I live in NC and I would like to see about getting licensed. Can anyone tell me how to get started,? Thanks!

2 replies
scwright Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scwright Posted 28 Sep 2013 , 3:10am
post #2 of 3

AI can't help you but try doing a search for NC license and see what that pulls up

heartsnsync Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heartsnsync Posted 1 Oct 2013 , 1:09am
post #3 of 3

I have a home based bakery in NC. There is a lot of information you can obtain from www.homebasedbaking.com regarding starting a home based bakery business. Then for licensing, there are some rules and procedures including an inspection by the NC Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. Here is a link: http://www.ncagr.gov/fooddrug/food/homebiz.htm

Then you have to find out if your local city and/or county government has additional rules and regulations (they usually do). You will need to find out if you can follow all the guidelines with both and if you can legally have a home based bakery (a big issue is no pets so if you have any you cannot have a home based bakery). If you can get past the restrictions and regulations, then you can proceed with getting certified under both state and local government and then get your business license. Liability insurance is not absolutely required, but it is a very good idea. I have mine through State Farm and pay less than $400.00 a year for the policy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%