1920S Themed Cupcakes

Decorating By favrtdtr Updated 1 Oct 2013 , 7:29pm by ellavanilla

favrtdtr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
favrtdtr Posted 27 Sep 2013 , 1:58am
post #1 of 8

I've been asked to make some cupcakes with a 1920s theme for my friend's bridal shower. I won't have much time or money, so does anyone have some reasonably simple but still nice ideas out of buttercream only or buttercream and props - no fondant or gumpaste as I won't have time for those? Please help!!

7 replies
AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 27 Sep 2013 , 3:32am
post #2 of 8

ANot sure what you can accomplish without modeling something. I Googled Roaring Twenties and flappers and whatnot, and lots of great ideas...but it involves modeling things as far as I can tell.

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 27 Sep 2013 , 4:03am
post #3 of 8

Maybe you could just buy or borrow one of those 1920's travel or architecture posters and create a table vignette.  When you get the poster, you could color coordinate the cupcakes.  Put them on different height stands with props lying around:  old-style wide champagne glasses, long silk gloves, fake pearls and costume jewelry.

That would look more 1920's than anything.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 27 Sep 2013 , 4:22am
post #4 of 8

AOh totally that, that's a great idea!

CakeChemistry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeChemistry Posted 27 Sep 2013 , 6:56am
post #5 of 8

AOh absolutely stage it rather than make it. Genius. I like your style matthew

rjcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rjcakes Posted 27 Sep 2013 , 5:52pm
post #6 of 8

If you have one of those grass tips, you could ice in buttercream, do a row of pearlized dragees across the middle then pull the icing with that tip to look like fringe and it could mirror one of those flapper dresses...just a quick idea for not much extra...

Good luck!

favrtdtr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
favrtdtr Posted 1 Oct 2013 , 7:05pm
post #7 of 8

The staging is a great idea - thank you so much and the fringe and pearls is great too - sorry was away from internet for a while but thanks for the ideas - I truly appreciate them

ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 1 Oct 2013 , 7:29pm
post #8 of 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjcakes 

If you have one of those grass tips, you could ice in buttercream, do a row of pearlized dragees across the middle then pull the icing with that tip to look like fringe and it could mirror one of those flapper dresses...just a quick idea for not much extra...

Good luck!

cute idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%