A Cupcake Technique?

Decorating By CupcakesbyJade Updated 25 Sep 2013 , 6:28am by cupcakemaker

CupcakesbyJade Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 2:33am
post #1 of 7

AI have seen this cupcake technique on Pinterest and I'm dying to know how they did it! I tried it myself but it turned out to be a disaster my spatula just ended up pulling off the cupcake liner. Please see the pic I've attached, the technique I'm referring to is the cupcakes in the middle of the bunch, flat iced with a perfect swirl on top.[ATTACHMENT=1302]image.jpg (346k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

6 replies
matthewkyrankelly Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 2:42am
post #2 of 7

That is a poured icing or poured fondant.  Then a buttercream swirl is piped on top.

Stitches Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 2:44am
post #3 of 7

You need to hold the cupcake to prevent the paper from pulling off when you spread the frosting, that's the "trick". Than they go back and pipe on a rosette of frosting.

Smckinney07 Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 2:50am
post #4 of 7

AIt's just regular BC, flat iced with an added swirl & decorations.

imagenthatnj Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 2:59am
post #5 of 7

It's regular buttercream. Cupcake gets baked low, not too much batter, then you fill to the top with buttercream and flatten. Here's a little tutorial.



imagenthatnj Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 3:00am
post #6 of 7

And listen to what Stitches said. That's the trick.

cupcakemaker Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 6:28am
post #7 of 7

AAnd you may need to thin the buttercream when flat icing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%