Achieving Halloween Purple

Decorating By darkchocolate Updated 26 Sep 2013 , 11:11pm by darkchocolate

darkchocolate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darkchocolate Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 12:15am
post #1 of 9

Which colors would you use to achieve Halloween purple?  I only have Americolor gels, but I can buy more if I don't have what I need.

8 replies
Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 4:26am
post #2 of 9

ASince when is Hallowe'en purple an official color?

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 4:43am
post #3 of 9

AThat's a new one, never heard of Halloween purple before, like actually referred to as a specific shade. I'd say...use purple, whatever purple you find. Americolor electric purple is probably your best bet.

rebecca67e Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rebecca67e Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 5:50am
post #4 of 9

yeah never heard of it either. I would say any purple, maybe mixed with a tiny bit of black to deepen

darkchocolate Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 9:31am
post #5 of 9

I know Americolor has Violet and Regal Purple. Since I don't use purple very often, I was asking in case someone with more experience using purple could help me.

There are so many shades of purple, I just want to achieve that deep dark purple, "I associate" with Halloween. I am looking for purple like in these photos.

rebeccascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rebeccascakes Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 4:47pm
post #6 of 9

For a great Halloween Purple mix equal amounts of Americolor Regal Purple and Electric Purple. This makes a striking and vibrant deep grape purple like the bat cookie in your picture! Good luck!

darkchocolate Posted 26 Sep 2013 , 12:07am
post #7 of 9

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebeccascakes 

For a great Halloween Purple mix equal amounts of Americolor Regal Purple and Electric Purple. This makes a striking and vibrant deep grape purple like the bat cookie in your picture! Good luck!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, I really appreciate it.

bundlesofjoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bundlesofjoy Posted 26 Sep 2013 , 10:12pm
post #8 of 9

Aits so hard to get the right shade of purple and then you have to worry about fading. I usually get [URL=http://caljavaonline.com/collections/sale-of-the-week/products/elite-by-fondx-regal-purple]Regal Purple from Fondx.[/URL] and its the perfect shade of purple for Halloween. i think its on sale too on the Caljava Online site.

darkchocolate Posted 26 Sep 2013 , 11:11pm
post #9 of 9

Quote:

Originally Posted by bundlesofjoy 

its so hard to get the right shade of purple and then you have to worry about fading. I usually get Regal Purple from Fondx. and its the perfect shade of purple for Halloween. i think its on sale too on the Caljava Online site.

Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%