Monkey Cake With Stand-Up Pooh Bear Pan?

Decorating By SweetJanes Updated 18 Sep 2005 , 2:02pm by MominSC

SweetJanes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetJanes Posted 18 Sep 2005 , 1:58pm
post #1 of 2

Has anyone ever tried to make a stand-up Monkey cake with the Wilton Stand-up Pooh Bear pan? I bought the pan on clearance a few months ago. My son wants a monkey cake for his birthday (this Sat. the 24th) and I'd REALLY like to try a 3-D one rather than make the head with the Wilton Animal Crackers pan (which I also have). I know some of you have made monkey-cakes with the stand-up teddy bear, but I don't have that pan. Also, do you think I should make a pound cake or will cake mix w/ extender recipe suffice? (Ntertaynme has a cute monkey smash cake posted that I'm kind of going to use as my "model".. . . . thanks Ntertaynme!!) Any help or advice will be appreciated!!!

1 reply
MominSC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MominSC Posted 18 Sep 2005 , 2:02pm
post #2 of 2

Hey Sweet, I am not sure about the pan thing, but I have read that it is better to use pound cake because it is more firmer...(anyone reads this please correct me if I am wrong). I wish I could be of more help about the pan...but I know someone here will know the answer....lol Good Luck and can't wait to see it icon_biggrin.gif

Beth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%