Planning Question

Decorating By nicoleNP3682 Updated 21 Sep 2013 , 6:00pm by kakeladi

nicoleNP3682 Posted 21 Sep 2013 , 5:18pm
post #1 of 3

AI am planning to make a 2 tiered cake for my sons upcoming second birthday. The party is on a Saturday at 5 pm. I work full time and didn't take any days off to get stuff done before hand. So my question is, can I bake the cakes on Wednesday night, put them in the fridge wrapped up tight, and then fill and cover with buttercream on Thursday... Let them settle overnight on the counter, and cover with fondant Friday morning? Then leave them out on the counter until the party on Saturday? I'm planning to do the buttercream piping Saturday morning. Thoughts? Just don't know how else I'll get everything done in time without being up all night!

2 replies
kikiandkyle Posted 21 Sep 2013 , 5:53pm
post #2 of 3

AYou can definitely do that, although you don't need to put the cakes in the fridge on Wednesday, you can put them in once they are filled and covered and even when it's got fondant on it

kakeladi Posted 21 Sep 2013 , 6:00pm
post #3 of 3

Rather than putting them in the frig, put them in the fzr.  Defrosting will only take about 1-2 hrs so you take out of fzr before fixing dinner and when you are through there the cakes should be defrosted.  You do NOT want to work on fzn cakes:)

What the other poster ^^ said is fine too.  A cake stays fresh for 3 days (expecially after it is iced) so leaving it at room temp for 4 days in order to work on it will not allow any time for leftovers to be fresh and tasty.

Quote by @%username% on %date%