How Do I Make This Cake?

Decorating By Stephanie3 Updated 22 Sep 2013 , 5:19pm by JaeRodriguez

Stephanie3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stephanie3 Posted 21 Sep 2013 , 12:05pm
post #1 of 15

AI am convinced this is not a dome( as in ball like shape )cake judging from the sides and I can see a dulled edge around the top. Any advice would be great TIA

Stephanie[IMG ALT=""]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3105014/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

14 replies
savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 21 Sep 2013 , 9:29pm
post #2 of 15

ALooks like carved - maybe 8 inch? Looks flatter than a dome

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 21 Sep 2013 , 11:42pm
post #3 of 15

I agree - not from a ball mold - gotta carve it! Are you asking for info on how to do that?

Goreti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goreti Posted 22 Sep 2013 , 12:06am
post #4 of 15
Stephanie3 Posted 22 Sep 2013 , 1:25am
post #5 of 15

AThanks ladies for your responses. Hard to believe this is a site where we show support to each other and I've only gotten 3 responses, but nonetheless I am grateful. THANKS so much Goreti! I sent her a message :-D

Goreti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goreti Posted 22 Sep 2013 , 1:32am
post #6 of 15

Your welcome.  Good luck

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 22 Sep 2013 , 1:41am
post #7 of 15

I am not quite sure what you want.  The 3rd response from Goreti gave a link to the maker who told how she did it.  What else do you need that you want a pile of other members to spend their time telling the same thing?

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 22 Sep 2013 , 6:55am
post #8 of 15

A

Original message sent by Stephanie3

Thanks ladies for your responses. Hard to believe this is a site where we show support to each other and I've only gotten 3 responses, but nonetheless I am grateful. THANKS so much Goreti! I sent her a message :-D

Grateful, my @$$. If you were truly grateful you never would have complained about only three responses and that you thought CC was a place where people were supposed to be supportive. What is so unsupportive about the responses you got, may I ask? You got help, didn't you?

Yes, what did you expect? Hundreds of CC members to show up at your house and walk you through it, step by step?

The sense of entitlement that some people have makes me nauseous.

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 22 Sep 2013 , 7:54am
post #9 of 15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godot 

I want hot cocoa. Come make it for me. Oh, and I don't have any milk or chocolate, so buy it on your way.

OP, you asked on most decorator's busiest day of the week, and got your answer. I saw this post and saw no reason to repeat information you had already been given. I'm sure many others did the same.

ApplegumPam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumPam Posted 22 Sep 2013 , 8:35am
post #10 of 15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godot 

I sometimes wonder if this site was run as a Q&A business where people had to pay for the information that they garner... whether the level of questions would drop?
or at least the 'demands'

As they say.... you get what you pay for ...... and if it is FREE - be grateful for anything you get!   because it is a BONUS!

Stephanie3 Posted 22 Sep 2013 , 11:55am
post #11 of 15

AWow!!!! Where am i? LMAO!! let me make this clear. When I made the statement about only getting 3 responses I was referring to the fact that there had been 71 views of this post before there were ANY replies. I don't know what you guys are reading that would in any way make you think that I was referring to the kind ladies that did provide some feedback. No, I don't feel entitled. No, i don't want a step by step. I just wasn't 100% sure about the structure/ make up of the cake, because of the angle in which the picture was taken. Next time I won't ask, since that's NOT what cake central is about. Seeing as though i wrote this post in the HOW DO I section.....lol. I don't have time for you internet bullies, because it's easy to say anything when you're hiding behind a computer.

Once again thank you so much to the ladies that did try to answer my question. I am grateful.

debcons Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debcons Posted 22 Sep 2013 , 1:33pm
post #12 of 15

APlease not let's have another thread of bashing op. She obviously didn't mean how it read. It's putting me off cc, every other post on here seems to turn ugly.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 22 Sep 2013 , 4:40pm
post #13 of 15

AMaybe the other people didn't know the answer?

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 22 Sep 2013 , 5:00pm
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie3 

When I made the statement about only getting 3 responses I was referring to the fact that there had been 71 views of this post before there were ANY replies.

That's right AZ, I didn't have an answer or even a guess. But we are allowed to look at posts without commenting. Stephanie3, I read your question shortly after you posted so I was one of the 71 views that annoyed you. Then later I read it again, forgetting that I had already read it. I'm twice guilty. But I had no advice and nothing to offer that could help, so I did not comment.

When CC institutes a rule that anyone viewing a post must leave a comment, I will no longer visit the site.  

JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 22 Sep 2013 , 5:19pm
post #15 of 15

ASame here, I read the post but I've never carved a cake like this so I'm not going to give my opinion on something I haven't done! If we all came on here never having done a similar cake and said "use the ball pan" like we knew what we were talking about, that wouldn't have been much help now would it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%