Friday Night Cake Club For 9/20/13

Decorating By catlharper Updated 25 Sep 2013 , 5:22pm by cakealicious7

1cupcakemamma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1cupcakemamma Posted 23 Sep 2013 , 4:08pm
post #31 of 37

ATdovewings question...I'm new on here so forgive if not doing this right, Im trying to calculate frosting for 300 cupcakes I figured 60 cups, about 2.5 cups per dozen, thoughts advise? Thank you!

tdovewings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdovewings Posted 23 Sep 2013 , 10:58pm
post #32 of 37

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1cupcakemamma 

Tdovewings question...I'm new on here so forgive if not doing this right, Im trying to calculate frosting for 300 cupcakes I figured 60 cups, about 2.5 cups per dozen, thoughts advise? Thank you!

What type of buttercream are you using. Since I primarily use American Buttercream for my cupcakes, which tends to be much sweeter, I use about half as much as I would with a Swiss or Italian Meringue buttercream. Most people put a lot more frosting on their cupcakes than I do. For my American buttercream I use the recipe that essentially is 1 cup of fat to 1 lb of powdered sugar. When I use that recipe it makes enough frosting for a about 30 cupcakes for me. So if I multiply by 10 that give me about 10 cups of fat and 10 lbs of sugar. 

Hope that helps! I know it is not specific but I think it really depends on how much frosting you put on your cupcakes.
tdovewings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdovewings Posted 23 Sep 2013 , 11:02pm
post #33 of 37

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdovewings 

What type of buttercream are you using. Since I primarily use American Buttercream for my cupcakes, which tends to be much sweeter, I use about half as much as I would with a Swiss or Italian Meringue buttercream. Most people put a lot more frosting on their cupcakes than I do. For my American buttercream I use the recipe that essentially is 1 cup of fat to 1 lb of powdered sugar. When I use that recipe it makes enough frosting for a about 30 cupcakes for me. So if I multiply by 10 that give me about 10 cups of fat and 10 lbs of sugar. 

Hope that helps! I know it is not specific but I think it really depends on how much frosting you put on your cupcakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cupcakemamma 

Tdovewings question...I'm new on here so forgive if not doing this right, Im trying to calculate frosting for 300 cupcakes I figured 60 cups, about 2.5 cups per dozen, thoughts advise? Thank you!

Okay, I must have miss calculated somewhere because I made no where near that amount of frosting this weekend for over 300 cupcakes. I have to go back to my notes when use to make smaller batches. Let me check on it and get back to you. Ignore my previous post.

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 23 Sep 2013 , 11:22pm
post #34 of 37

I just did my photo shoot with the cake stands....first the beautiful cupcakes I bought for display (yeah didn't have time to make them) got put in the trunk by mistake...ooops. Then the first location was not pretty so we made the most of it. By the time we reached the second location I was tired and grumpy...but I hope it turns out well. My photographer was silly. SHe put a cake stand on the ground and put one of the horses way in the background and made him look real tiny and he looked like he was standing on the cake stand. Too funny. Probably not one I will use but cute. I would have liked to get one of the horse standing on the stands but didn't want to repaint...lol

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 24 Sep 2013 , 6:50pm
post #35 of 37

Just finished this one. Purse didn't turn out as well as I'd like but the customer loved it and my roomie said it was really cute.

MartinP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MartinP Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 4:49pm
post #36 of 37

Hello, My first time on here.

I made a minion cake for my fianceé this last weekend.

She loved it, but I was disappointed with the icing as it cracked so bad as it was drying out.

Anyway, here's the result....

Comments / Advice welcome

Martin

cakealicious7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakealicious7 Posted 25 Sep 2013 , 5:22pm
post #37 of 37

ASooo cute! I love minions!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%