Help!!! Wilton Ball Question

Decorating By MizNix607 Updated 21 Sep 2013 , 12:05pm by sixinarow

MizNix607 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MizNix607 Posted 20 Sep 2013 , 6:13pm
post #1 of 3

AI have been requested to make a 3 tier circus cake where the 3rd tier is a ball shape (circus ball). I have never stacked a round shape as a 3rd tier and I am scared it will fall. HOw do I stack it and assure it doesn't fall or weigh down the rest of the cake. Also, how do I find dowels long enough to go through all 3 layers? Thanks!!!

2 replies
Daisyblue002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daisyblue002 Posted 21 Sep 2013 , 11:42am
post #2 of 3

Hello there, just having a look through some of the blogs on the Craftsy website and came across this blog from the lovely Lesley at the Royal Bakery - http://www.craftsy.com/blog/2013/06/perfectly-spherical-cake/

There might be some tips in there for you and if it doesn't answer your questions, your can leave a comment at the end and she'll answer you directly. Best of luck :)

sixinarow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sixinarow Posted 21 Sep 2013 , 12:05pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizNix607 

I have been requested to make a 3 tier circus cake where the 3rd tier is a ball shape (circus ball). I have never stacked a round shape as a 3rd tier and I am scared it will fall. HOw do I stack it and assure it doesn't fall or weigh down the rest of the cake. Also, how do I find dowels long enough to go through all 3 layers? Thanks!!!

You might consider using SPS to stack the cake instead of dowels. I did a 3 tier groom's cake (you can see it in my pictures) that had a ball as the third tier. SPS made that sucker as steady as a rock, it even had a sugar ring around it that didn't budge during transport.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%