Mmf

Decorating By niniel1 Updated 21 Sep 2013 , 5:20pm by glang1979

niniel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niniel1 Posted 20 Sep 2013 , 2:00pm
post #1 of 16

Inspired by all the talk on here about how tasty MMF is I decided to make my first batch today. It's resting at the minute and I'll roll it out to cover a cake later, but can I just say I am absolutely blown away by the taste. It is so much nicer than store bought fondant. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I've made it right and it's easy to work with. 

Thanks for inspiring me to try and make my own!

15 replies
cakealicious7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakealicious7 Posted 20 Sep 2013 , 2:25pm
post #2 of 16

AYep I liked the taste of MMF too, when i first made it i was so surprised at how easy it was i was like " damn, i'm good "!!! Let it rest overnight then tried to roll it out- it was like one big marshmallow!!!! I was so disappointed! I can't fault the tast though, I hope you have better luck than me :-D

niniel1 Posted 20 Sep 2013 , 3:02pm
post #3 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakealicious7 

Yep I liked the taste of MMF too, when i first made it i was so surprised at how easy it was i was like " damn, i'm good "!!! Let it rest overnight then tried to roll it out- it was like one big marshmallow!!!! I was so disappointed!
I can't fault the tast though, I hope you have better luck than me icon_biggrin.gif

this is exactly what I'm worried about, tastes great but how will it handle? I suppose I'll have to wait and see

cakealicious7 Posted 20 Sep 2013 , 3:10pm
post #4 of 16

ALet me know how it goes

niniel1 Posted 20 Sep 2013 , 5:50pm
post #5 of 16

Well I left it a few hours as per the tutorial I watched on youtube. I went to roll it out and it was a bit dry and crumbly almost. I kneaded in some crisco and gave it a few short blasts in the microwave and it became much more workable. I think I added too much powdered sugar when I was making it to be honest. I covered the cake and I didn't get it as smooth as store bought fondant but it doesn't look too bad. Glad it's just a practise cake

cakealicious7 Posted 20 Sep 2013 , 6:26pm
post #6 of 16

AWow good on you girl!!! It looks really good!! I think the more you make it the more you'll find it easier :-)

niniel1 Posted 20 Sep 2013 , 9:47pm
post #7 of 16

thank you!

rebecca67e Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rebecca67e Posted 20 Sep 2013 , 10:58pm
post #8 of 16

I just made my first MMF too, last week. I haven't used it on a cake yet so kind of nervous as to how it will turn out.

Yours looks good though! And I agree, the taste is definitely a plus.

Another bonus, I'm thinking it's a lot easier to colour fondant if you can add the colour in the melted marshmallow stage instead of working it in later. My arms ached last time I did that D:

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 21 Sep 2013 , 12:04am
post #9 of 16

AI LOVE MMF! I don't have the problems that most people complain about. Only time I have trouble is when I try to color it really dark. Bit I'm hearing that that's with all fondant. I use Rhonda's ultimate MMF if you ever want to try something different

morganchampagne Posted 21 Sep 2013 , 12:05am
post #10 of 16

AAlso Liz's MMF is great

ladonnaa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladonnaa Posted 21 Sep 2013 , 1:54am
post #11 of 16

AI too love Liz's MMF. It is so easy to make and work with it.

glang1979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glang1979 Posted 21 Sep 2013 , 5:25am
post #12 of 16

Gotta ask...who is Liz and and is the recipe listed on this site?

Thanks

morganchampagne Posted 21 Sep 2013 , 6:40am
post #13 of 16

AShe's this amazing cake artist. Super talented! Not sure if the recipe is on the website but you can YouTube it. She has a tutorial!

ladonnaa Posted 21 Sep 2013 , 4:56pm
post #14 of 16
glang1979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glang1979 Posted 21 Sep 2013 , 5:20pm
post #16 of 16

AThanks for posting the link!! Going to try this for sure.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%