White Chocolate Cake... Advice Please

Baking By just4fun26 Updated 17 Jan 2014 , 4:02pm by MissJoyous

just4fun26 Posted 19 Sep 2013 , 3:50pm
post #1 of 6

AI'm baking white chocolate cupcakes in a couple hours and am trying a new recipe. I am using white cake box mix and am doctoring it, I usually just add white chocolate pudding but today I'm adding white.chocolate chips to the mix. Here is my question... If I melt the chips then add it to my batter, will it harden? Or should I just add the chips to my batter? I don't want one cupcake to be super chocolatey and another to not be at all.

5 replies
cakealicious7 Posted 19 Sep 2013 , 3:56pm
post #2 of 6

AMmmmmm can you send me some my way please :-D

just4fun26 Posted 19 Sep 2013 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 6

AI've also thought about just adding the chips into each cupcake.after.pouring my batter into the pan.

rjcakes Posted 19 Sep 2013 , 4:11pm
post #4 of 6

I just made the pink velvet cake recipe someone posted on here and it called for 8 oz. of melted white chocolate and it baked up fine. HTH!

RJ

cakealicious7 Posted 19 Sep 2013 , 4:13pm
post #5 of 6

AWhy dont you just add the chips to the batter? I make white chocolate chip cupcakes and do it this way, I've never had one taste more sweet than the other. HTH

MissJoyous Posted 17 Jan 2014 , 4:02pm
post #6 of 6

I'm making cupcakes using the white chocolate WASC version but when I added the white chocolate, it seemed to clump together in the cake batter & after baking, the cupcakes fell a bit in the middle.

Looking to see if anyone has any updates on these as I love white chocolate cupcakes but still looking to perfect mine!

Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%