Has The Favorites Button Gone?

Decorating By pmarks0 Updated 17 Oct 2013 , 2:16am by ammcats

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 18 Sep 2013 , 5:49pm
post #1 of 6

I've been away from CakeCentral since the summer due to moving, renovating etc.  I was have finally come back on and the recipe that was in today's email looked good and I wanted to save it to my favorites but I can't see how to do that anywhere.  Has this option been removed?

5 replies
pmarks0 Posted 16 Oct 2013 , 5:33pm
post #2 of 6

I'm bumping this because I'm getting increasingly frustrated no one (ie Heath or Jackie or a moderator) have answered.

I receive the emails from CC that often have recipes I want to save or I browse the Recipes section.
I don't want to share the recipe on Facebook, Pin It, Tweet It or share it  using another social medium.
I just want to add it to my Favorite Recipes on CC so I can find it again at a later date.
Why can't I do this anymore?

It appears that recipes that were added before a certain date (and I have no idea what that date might be) still have the option to be marked as Favorite.  This option appears down by the comment box.

Why has this functionality been removed?  And I know I'm not the only person asking because I saw a similar query as a comment on a recipe as well.

This is incredibly frustrating!

ammcats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ammcats Posted 16 Oct 2013 , 5:38pm
post #3 of 6

AHi there, can you give a specific example? I have just been to the recipes page, and clicking on each of the first few recipes I could see the favourites heart at the bottom.

pmarks0 Posted 16 Oct 2013 , 6:03pm
post #4 of 6

Maybe it's me or the website layout on my system?

I'm using a MacBook Pro with Firefox and when I click any recipe link in the CC email I don't have the option.
I've just done a comparison with my Windows desktop.

1.  The website displays differently on the Mac.   If I click Recipes at the top, I don't get the three tabbed view with Recipes/Tutorials/Articles as it shows on either IE or Firefox on a Windows system.  I just get Home/Recipes and then the recipes listed with the most recent at the top. In fact, unlike the Windows view, I don't even see the recipe categories down the left hand side.

2.    The recipe in question that prompted this bump was this one.

http://cakecentral.com/b/recipe/recipe-chocolate-caramel-shortbread-bars?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Sculpted+Tree+Cake+Tutorial+Plus+Delectable+Chocolate+Caramel+Shortbread+Bars&utm_content=Sculpted+Tree+Cake+Tutorial+Plus+Delectable+Chocolate+Caramel+Shortbread+Bars+CID_2edcc1eb97a3cde4afebcfa8b3722505&utm_source=CampaignMonitor&utm_term=Delectable%20Chocolate%20Caramel%20Shortbread%20Bars

I don't have the Favorite or the Subscribe button on this at all.  I notice that the URL for it has the whole thing from the email, but what I find just as frustrating is that I can't even search the recipes for this specific recipe in the hopes that it will have a Favorite button. Putting in the title doesn't even have it show up first in the results.

I am surprised that the website experience is so different between the two operating systems though.  That shouldn't be.

I thought perhaps it could be that I'm connecting at my work and maybe some restrictions are in play.  However, I connected to my workstation at home and the experience in regards to the lack of favorite button is the same. :(

Anyway, as you can see I'm not a newbie either here on CC or in the IT world (it's actually what I do on a daily basis) and that's probably why I'm getting so frustrated. LOL.

Thanks

therealmrsriley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
therealmrsriley Posted 16 Oct 2013 , 6:46pm
post #5 of 6

Yes, I've been wondering about this for tutorials and recipes. I thought it was just me!

ammcats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ammcats Posted 17 Oct 2013 , 2:16am
post #6 of 6

A..mm.. I see what you mean. I wonder if it has something to do with how the recipe is loaded in the first place? I scrolled down to the 5 Halloween treats recipe for example, and the favourite button was there. I'm certainly not technical either, just throwing out some ideas. Having never loaded a recipe, do you have the option of excluding a favourites button?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%