Manly Baby Shower Cake

Decorating By YummyArt Updated 17 Sep 2013 , 10:38pm by nutcase68

YummyArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YummyArt Posted 16 Sep 2013 , 6:30pm
post #1 of 8

I need some design ideas please!  I have a client that would like a "manly" baby shower cake for her husband for a couples' shower- something like a garage (typical house garage), or tools, maybe a dirty baby, etc.  He loves to tool around in the garage, has a Harley Davidson, favorite too brand.

I am totally stumped and cannot even conceive any ideas beyond a large tool chest in his favorite brand.  If anyone can help me visualize an idea or two, I would greatly appreciate it.  I can usually find lots of inspiration on this site, but am a loss as to where to start with this one!

7 replies
melmar02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melmar02 Posted 16 Sep 2013 , 6:54pm
post #2 of 8

AWhat about a topper of a baby with smudges on its cheeks holding a hammer and screwdriver? Open toolbox with baby bottles inside?

rmanuel73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rmanuel73 Posted 16 Sep 2013 , 7:30pm
post #3 of 8

How about a tool belt with baby supplies instead of tools?

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 16 Sep 2013 , 8:08pm
post #4 of 8

A

Original message sent by rmanuel73

How about a tool belt with baby supplies instead of tools?

I love that idea!

cupcakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemaker Posted 16 Sep 2013 , 8:11pm
post #5 of 8

AAce idea.

YummyArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YummyArt Posted 17 Sep 2013 , 8:26pm
post #6 of 8

Thank you!  This helps so much...now my creative juices are flowing!

Thanks again!

CakesbyKadi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyKadi Posted 17 Sep 2013 , 9:59pm
post #7 of 8

I think a cute idea would be centered around Dad using tools and such to put the diaper on. Maybe a baby with a wonky diaper (backwards, sideways, inside out or something" and "tools" laying around it. Maybe a cute saying. Good luck!

nutcase68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nutcase68 Posted 17 Sep 2013 , 10:38pm
post #8 of 8

Maybe you could make the tool box and that would be the baby's bassinet and instead of a rattle put a wrench in his hand.  And dress the baby like a Harley Dude.

Or have the baby dressed in his Harley duds working on his motorcycle.  Bottle in one hand, wrench in another.  Have a six pack of baby bottles like beer with one missing because he is drinking while he is working.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%