Need Gluten Free Recipe

Decorating By Nauz Updated 26 Sep 2013 , 2:41pm by Cakespirations

Nauz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nauz Posted 16 Sep 2013 , 4:09am
post #1 of 8

I was asked to make gluten free cupcakes.  I have never made gluten free deserts.  I search online and have bunch of recipes but not sure which one to try and which is good.  Is there anyone who would like to share their gluten free recipes for cupcakes which rise perfect and taste good too :)

7 replies
IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 16 Sep 2013 , 5:22am
post #2 of 8

AAllrecipes.com is a great source of recipes, with ratings. Go for the most and highest rated recipe, and try it out to see if you like it. Only you will know if it's a good recipe for you or not. Also, if the cupcakes are for a customer, you should already have tried and tested recipes in place. It is not a good idea to 'test' recipes on paying customers.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 16 Sep 2013 , 10:16am
post #3 of 8

Also, if the customer needs a true gluten-free recipe for someone with Celiac disease, your kitchen must be totally free of gluten. 

Nauz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nauz Posted 26 Sep 2013 , 3:37am
post #4 of 8

I agreed with you Pam.  I actually made one batch of Gluten Free cupcakes for trial and end up giving away free to my friends to try out.

MimiFix: How can you make your kitchen Gluten Free?  Never heard that!

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 26 Sep 2013 , 4:31am
post #5 of 8

AYou don't necessarily need a completely gluten-free kitchen as long as you set up your production procedures to segregate ingredients, avoid cross-contamination, and carefully sanitize after using anything with gluten (plus sanitizing again after 24 hours to take care of airborne contaminants) before working on any gluten-free products.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 26 Sep 2013 , 12:22pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_kraft 

You don't necessarily need a completely gluten-free kitchen as long as you set up your production procedures to segregate ingredients, avoid cross-contamination, and carefully sanitize after using anything with gluten (plus sanitizing again after 24 hours to take care of airborne contaminants) before working on any gluten-free products.

For the time of production, your kitchen needs to be totally gluten free. Follow Jason's instructions. If your product will be eaten by someone with Celiac disease, these steps are crucial.

Many people eat a gluten-free diet for other reasons: they believe it's healthier, or a way to lose weight, or they self-diagnose and self-medicate. But since you have no control over who consumes your gluten-free product, it's important to proceed as if all your consumers have Celiac disease.

MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 26 Sep 2013 , 1:56pm
post #7 of 8

Be sure to follow Jason's advice.  As a person living with Celiac Disease cross contamination is a huge issue.  Cross contamination is a huge issue for anyone with allergies.  Make sure you do your research before making the cupcakes.  Not having all your facts can open you up to lawsuits.   For my safety and the safety of my clients I only bake Gluten Free.    Lots more to think about then just a good recipe. 

Cakespirations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakespirations Posted 26 Sep 2013 , 2:41pm
post #8 of 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsGF 

Be sure to follow Jason's advice.  As a person living with Celiac Disease cross contamination is a huge issue.  Cross contamination is a huge issue for anyone with allergies.  Make sure you do your research before making the cupcakes.  Not having all your facts can open you up to lawsuits.   For my safety and the safety of my clients I only bake Gluten Free.    Lots more to think about then just a good recipe. 

Yes, Yes, Yes, and more Yes!

It is not just googling a recipe and waa-laa it is gluten free, you cannot have even Trace amounts. Trace, meaning that it is even the amounts you cannot see. In addition each ingredient has to be certified gluten free. I have a little sign that says, "I am sorry, but this bakery is not gluten free or peanut fee, please assume that both are in your product". I would kindly send them to another location. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%