How Much Filling?

Decorating By tampabaker20 Updated 22 Sep 2013 , 2:55pm by tampabaker20

tampabaker20 Posted 15 Sep 2013 , 9:23pm
post #1 of 4

AIm making a cake with freinds and we are using 8 13by9 sheets and filling it with buttercream but i dont know how much im going to need and if the weight of the cake would be too much? Please help

3 replies
Sassyzan Posted 16 Sep 2013 , 12:08am
post #2 of 4

AYou are stacking 8 layers of cake? You will need cardboard and dowel supports between every 4" or so of cake you stack.

You will need 6 cups of icing for a regular 4" high, 2-layer 9x13 cake. Plus 6 more filling layers of about 2 cups each, that's 12 cups. Total 18 cups of icing. Roughly. :)

Whatcha making?

Norasmom Posted 16 Sep 2013 , 12:14am
post #3 of 4

It's going to be heavy, just make sure you have help carrying it!

tampabaker20 Posted 22 Sep 2013 , 2:55pm
post #4 of 4

thank you very much i was worried that i wouldn't make enough buttercream to fill the cake. It did end up being 18 cups like you said. i was making a last minute scene cake of a boat house and docks where I practice and it came out great. i was going to take picture of it but my camera broke and at the end of the night i was the only one there and the next day when i arrived to practice no one was there to help move it so i ended up having to carry it by my self but thanks to rowing i was strong enough and had enough balance to do it and all the  hungry athletes ripped the beautiful cake to peices.:mad: But i was happy that everyone liked it.:grin: Hopefully more to come next time with a camera that isnt broken. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%