Honestly, I think the only thing you could repair that with would make it not usable for food (i.e. glue). :-(
Is it a mold for SugarVeil? If so, there are some cheaper alternatives for those molds. I have done a TON of research on it.
Thank you for replying. The mold was used for gum paste and chocolate candy clay. I am still going to use the mold anyway, but I will have to be careful to line it up well.
Oh, I feel for you! To think that you damaged it even before its first use....
I was just wondering about this. I make a lot of my own molds, either using Make a Mold silicone, or its cheaper alternative Amazing Mold Putty. (The latter is available at Michael's.) I know when I make a two sided mold I have to smear it with Pam, or another non-stick spray to keep it from permanently bonding. I'm wondering if the reverse would hold true. Perhaps if you thoroughly clean the torn edges, could you apply a thin coat of the freshly mixed silicone and fuse them together? I don't know the investment you already have in your mold and perhaps it wouldn't be cost effective as even Amazing Mold Putty is expensive. (I buy it when I have a coupon at Michael's.)
Good luck to you in whatever you do.