Stargazer Feedback Please

Decorating By paperlace1 Updated 17 Sep 2013 , 9:25am by paperlace1

paperlace1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paperlace1 Posted 15 Sep 2013 , 6:39pm
post #1 of 8

A[IMG ALT=""]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3101057/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

This is my first stargazer that I am reasonably happy with. But is it competition standard. Honest helpful feedback please.:-D

7 replies
cakealicious7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakealicious7 Posted 15 Sep 2013 , 6:56pm
post #2 of 8

AHi :-). You should be happy with that, its very pretty! The only thing i would say is the veined line in the middle of the petal, should be more blended in and the dots look to "neat". There should be alittle more space between them, they seem to end at the same time on each petal ( if you get what i mean ). Other than that great job!!!

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 16 Sep 2013 , 1:37am
post #3 of 8

Gorgeous! The center is great and your shading is beautiful (although I agree with cakealicious7 about the dots). One thing, though, is that lily petals usually have a fold in the middle so they are V-shaped. You can see the shape I'm talking about in this picture. I'm in the process of working on a new flower, too :-D.

Stargazer%20Lily.jpg

paperlace1 Posted 16 Sep 2013 , 9:58am
post #4 of 8

thank you ladies :D

elcee you comment about the V shape is something i have been struggling with i am drying the petals on an apple tray. and although i am forming the V it is slumping as it drys so any suggestion on a suitable former would be great.

ApplegumPam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumPam Posted 16 Sep 2013 , 11:10am
post #5 of 8

Dry over a rolling pin

heartsnsync Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heartsnsync Posted 16 Sep 2013 , 8:33pm
post #6 of 8

When I make stargazer lilies I make sure to have a bend in the wire as soon as I have it in the petal. I then crease the center and hang from a rack like what you find for organizing cupboards. They stay creased and curved while hanging upside down. HTH 

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 17 Sep 2013 , 3:03am
post #7 of 8

I kind of prop them up with a twist of plastic wrap. Just lay it alongside the petal to keep the fold in place while it's drying.

paperlace1 Posted 17 Sep 2013 , 9:25am
post #8 of 8

hmmm! :?sounds as if the petal shape is a pain in the neck!  it isn't helping that i have chosen the largest cutters to work with so the paste is really floppy. I think i will try the wire bend idea - if i put the wire 2/3rds into the petal it should support it enough to hang it.

will post pictures again in a few days.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%