Did I Just Ruin My Cake Pan?

Decorating By MustangMollie Updated 16 Sep 2013 , 2:55am by MustangMollie

MustangMollie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MustangMollie Posted 15 Sep 2013 , 2:36pm
post #1 of 7

WIthout thinking I tossed my brand new (I baked in it only once!) 8" round Mondo cake pan in the dishwasher. The label said that it's from their professional range, made of aluminium, and it also said to only hand wash. When it came out of the dishwasher it looked whitish and had a bit of a texture to it. I greased it up and used it anyway so hopefully it will be ok. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to fix it or does it need to be tossed?

6 replies
Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 15 Sep 2013 , 4:41pm
post #2 of 7

You'll only know when the cake comes out of the oven.   It probably is not ruined but my guess is repeated dishwasher use would destroy it.

MustangMollie Posted 15 Sep 2013 , 11:15pm
post #3 of 7

AIf it is ruined how will I know? The cake lips fine and the leveling cuts taste fine. I did line the pan with baking paper though (I normally do this anyway).

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 15 Sep 2013 , 11:26pm
post #4 of 7

If it bakes and releases a cake it's not ruined. Maybe not as good as it once was but not ruined

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 16 Sep 2013 , 1:06am
post #5 of 7

APfft, I put all my cake pans in the dishwasher, except for the really large ones. If they have a shiny finish, it will make them dull, and it makes it a bit harder for the cake to release. I use parchment though, so I've ever had a problem. It has never affected how my cakes bake up at all.

The only things I don't put in the dishwasher are my silver flatware and brass pots. I even put my Royal Albert china in there, lol.

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 16 Sep 2013 , 1:13am
post #6 of 7

If the cake came out fine, it's not ruined. 

MustangMollie Posted 16 Sep 2013 , 2:55am
post #7 of 7

AThanks! :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%