Technique used for top tier of this cake?

Decorating By Lena87 Updated 10 Sep 2013 , 2:47pm by Lena87

Lena87 Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 1:49pm
post #1 of 10

Hi everyone


Just wondering if someone could tell me what technique is used to make the ruffle effect on the top tier of this cake. I've studied the photo and the best I've come up with is flower shape fondant cut outs stuck on randomly??


If anyone has any suggestions or ideas, please share!


Thanks in advance




9 replies
Stitches Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 1:58pm
post #2 of 10

your photo didn't post

Lena87 Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 2:06pm
post #3 of 10

I've edited the post. Hopefully you will be able to see it now

Cakespirations Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 2:08pm
post #4 of 10

those are flowers..... looks like dogwood to me.

leah_s Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 2:28pm
post #7 of 10

And I'm going to guess a hydrangea cutter.  

imagenthatnj Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 2:34pm
post #8 of 10

It might be just a regular 5-petal cutter. And they're rounded petals. You can see it bigger in this link. She does paint them one by one with the darker dusts in the center, though. I've watched her craftsy classes. Lots of work.

Lena87 Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 2:47pm
post #10 of 10

Thank you so much everyone for your replies!


So helpful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%