T-Breakz Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 5:43am
post #1 of

I'm trying to search for a smaller version of 2D tip to make a smaller rose swirl. Can't find reviews or blog writing about how to make it smaller any online. I prefer 2D type of rose swirl than 1M but I need the swirl to be smaller, is there a way?

13 replies
Nadiaa Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 5:46am
post #2 of

A 2D is just an open star tip, I'm pretty sure Wilton and Ateco both make open star tips that are smaller than the 2D. Maybe try one of those and see how you like it?

cupcakemaker Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 8:23am
post #3 of

AI'm pretty sure the 2d is a closed star tip?

ApplegumPam Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 9:18am
post #4 of

Yes 2D is a closed star tip - looks a bit like an asterisk on the top

 

1M is an open star tip.

scrumdiddlycakes Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 9:23am
post #5 of

yes, 2D is a closed star tip. How much smaller are you wanting it?

I don't know all the numbers, but there are tip charts, if you do a Google image search for 'Wilton closed star tips'.

remnant3333 Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 9:40am
post #6 of

I think you could go with tip 27 or 30. To make a super small rosette you could use tip 18.

T-Breakz Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 10:03am
post #7 of

The wilton catalogue states 2D is a drop flower....I'll drop by the store to check it out...

remnant3333 Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 10:16am
post #8 of

You are correct about 2D being a drop flower but it will do a rose swirl along with tip 1M tip. Once, I made a cake with smaller rose swirl and used a tip 18. I saw it in my Wilton book showing the smaller rose swirls on green vines with leaves and that is where I got the idea from.

Nadiaa Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 11:58am
post #9 of

AGah! What planet was I on?? Closed star tip is correct. I did know that, had a moment. Sorry xx

icer101 Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 4:39pm

Hi, smaller version of 2d is 224 and 225. check  it out on wilton site. I have used it many times as i do 2d

remnant3333 Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 5:18pm

I forgot about tip 225 which is smaller than 2D. Funny, I bought a whole lot of cake tips and I seem to use only a few of them all of the time!!! I have way too many tips that I have never used!!! Maybe one day I hope to try some different ones!!! LOL

T-Breakz Posted 12 Sep 2013 , 7:07am

Quote:

Originally Posted by remnant3333 
 

You are correct about 2D being a drop flower but it will do a rose swirl along with tip 1M tip. Once, I made a cake with smaller rose swirl and used a tip 18. I saw it in my Wilton book showing the smaller rose swirls on green vines with leaves and that is where I got the idea from.

 

I don't like how rosettes look like from 1M...it just look weird to me lol

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by icer101 
 

Hi, smaller version of 2d is 224 and 225. check  it out on wilton site. I have used it many times as i do 2d

I haven't had the chance to drop by the shop but I did went to Wilton website..actually stared a few times at the drop flower catalogue. And I was thinking that maybe I could use 109 but somehow the nozzle look different from 2D. But now that you mentioned 224 & 225, those look more similar to 2D..Thank you so much ;-D

T-Breakz Posted 12 Sep 2013 , 7:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by remnant3333 
 

I forgot about tip 225 which is smaller than 2D. Funny, I bought a whole lot of cake tips and I seem to use only a few of them all of the time!!! I have way too many tips that I have never used!!! Maybe one day I hope to try some different ones!!! LOL

 

I don't have the whole set so that's why I have to do some research before buying any..it's costly! >.< 

T-Breakz Posted 12 Sep 2013 , 7:11am

Hey correct me if I'm wrong, tip 1B, 190, 129, 224, 225 & 131 are also similar to 2D?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%