Decorating Ideas

Decorating By dg1248 Updated 10 Sep 2013 , 4:50pm by dg1248

dg1248 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dg1248 Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 5:04am
post #1 of 6

AI have a cake due for a friend on Thursday. It's the 1 year "birthday" of her Mexican restaurant that she owns. When I asked what she had in mind she said and I quote "maybe a 1 and the colors are red and yellow. And maybe add some tacos." Uhhhhh... Any ideas? I kept asking for more but she kept saying it doesn't matter. Normally I like customers like this but in this case I'm drawing a blank. It's a little hole in the wall family owned restaurant so there's no fancy logo. It's just yellow with the name in plain red lettering. Any ideas on what might be cute?

5 replies
Nadiaa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nadiaa Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 5:50am
post #2 of 6

I really like the idea of some little tacos and corn chips scattered around the place - made out of gum paste or fondant of course. You could do these and arrange them on/around a number 1 in the red and yellow colours. Maybe a little sombrero too?

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 6:38am
post #3 of 6

A 1 standing up with a little sombrero hanging off would be kind of cute, lol, and maybe a border of little gumpaste chili peppers.

Carrie789 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carrie789 Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 7:54am
post #4 of 6

Perhaps a cake covered in red and yellow ruffles (like the little girls' dancing skirts) topped with a margarita glass and a plate with taco(s) and chips on it, You could press a numeral 1 into the ruffles and put the name of the restaurant on the cake board.

niniel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niniel1 Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 10:11am
post #5 of 6

Maybe do the cake shaped like a table with the colours of the Mexican flag on the table cloth? Then add little plates of tacos, bottles of tequila etc made out of gumpaste? You could have a chair at the table with a sombrero hanging off it.

dg1248 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dg1248 Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 4:50pm
post #6 of 6

AThank you for all the wonderful ideas!! I think I might have an idea in mind. I love the scattered tacos and chips idea. I'll post a picture when I finish tonight!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%