Charging Question

Business By Toni-ckpops Updated 10 Sep 2013 , 12:33am by Norasmom

Toni-ckpops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toni-ckpops Posted 9 Sep 2013 , 4:58pm
post #1 of 5

AMy sister-in-law's office manager asked me to create 30 cakepops for her granddaughters Birthday party. I don't actually run a business but love to bake and refine recipes. So I have no idea what to charge her?! They will be basic cake pops no thrills. But it's very time consuming. Even though I love it....I'd like to add little "tags" with happy birthday on them. Something to add some flare. Any suggestions. Thanks!!!

4 replies
BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 9 Sep 2013 , 5:50pm
post #2 of 5

First I would check into the legalities of selling food from your home kitchen. Some places allow it, some require a kitchen inspection and some don't allow it at all. Would you want to eat food from a strangers uninspected kitchen? Second there are many helpful threads about pricing. No one can tell you what to charge. We do not know your skill level, local market, or material costs.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 9 Sep 2013 , 8:02pm
post #3 of 5

This topic has been discussed extensively. Use the search box and type in "how to price cakes" or "jason_kraft pricing cakes" and learn how to do the math. You may also benefit from learning how to write a business plan. 

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 9 Sep 2013 , 8:43pm
post #4 of 5

AIf you're not wanting to start doing this as a business, then just ask her what she's willing to pay, and decide if it's worth it to you.

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 12:33am
post #5 of 5

The average price for cake pops is $2 each.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%