ckelii3097 Posted 9 Sep 2013 , 1:48pm
post #1 of

AI've never posted before, but I have been feeling really funky lately and thought if I was more involved in the CC community it would help. The Lucks Carnival Contest is the first contest I have ever entered. I was really excited, because it said anything simply inspired by Carnival, no tules or guidelines. i wanted to have a carnival themed wedding (we didn't end up doing it) so I decided I would do something that could be taken to a rehearsal dinner and used turquoise and gold for my color scheme. I wanted to do something less 'out there'. I didn't even think to check out what anyone else was doing. So when I uploaded my image, suddenly it looked like a baby show cake in the WRONG location! I feel really ridiculous for posting my image now. Has anyone else netted a competition, only to immediately realize you we're way off the mark? Thanks!

9 replies
MimiFix Posted 9 Sep 2013 , 8:06pm
post #2 of

Good for you! You took a chance and entered a contest. And if you enter another one, you'll have had some experience. (And P.S. - If you had fun and helped lift that funk, who cares what anyone else thinks?)

ckelii3097 Posted 9 Sep 2013 , 9:02pm
post #3 of

AThanks. :). I'm definitely going more over the top for my next entry!

Elcee Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 1:33am
post #4 of

You should start posting more...it's fun. As for the contests, part of the fun is the wide range cakes and styles that are submitted.

ckelii3097 Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 1:41am
post #5 of

AI'm definitely going to. I think using CC more often will help a lot creatively...make me push myself to learn new things and improve!

kikiandkyle Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 6:39pm
post #6 of

I think your cake is cool! And more power to you because I don't have the you know whats to enter.

ckelii3097 Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 6:47pm
post #7 of

AThanks. :). You should enter! I was so upset when I realized just how far off base mine was, but now that a few days have passed I'm over it! What are the chances we'll meet anyone face to face from here??:D

CakeGeekUk Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 7:07pm
post #8 of

Hi CKelli, your cake is great! And we all have different interpretations of a theme - it doesn't necessarily mean one is right or wrong.  Well done for taking the initiative to make a cake and enter - I've been decorating professionally for years and have yet to have the time/energy to enter a competition (!) but would absolutely love to. So take a bow!

CakeGeekUk Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 7:07pm
post #9 of

Hi CKelli, your cake is great! And we all have different interpretations of a theme - it doesn't necessarily mean one is right or wrong.  Well done for taking the initiative to make a cake and enter - I've been decorating professionally for years and have yet to have the time/energy to enter a competition (!) but would absolutely love to. So take a bow!

ckelii3097 Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 7:21pm

AThanks, everyone! CakeGeekUK- your website is amazing! I love that it is a collaborative effort and it is organized so cleanly!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%