Don't Laugh! My First Cake My Girls Loved It

Decorating By aprilfromLa Updated 10 Sep 2013 , 5:25pm by ellavanilla

aprilfromLa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilfromLa Posted 8 Sep 2013 , 11:42pm
post #1 of 19

ABy far I am no pro. I just wanted a cute cake for my girls party today. They absolutely loved the outside and inside! You all helped me get thru this new experience and I thank all of you past n present posters. Don't laugh r criticize please. I wanted to do so much more but ran out of time and wanted to cry at 1100 am because I had an hour before the party started and I lived 20 mins away and I needed to get changed and the girls hair was a mess. So I didn't get to do half of what I wanted but they're 7 so its easy to impress them. The cake was delicious too.

[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3096447/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

18 replies
aprilfromLa Posted 8 Sep 2013 , 11:56pm
post #2 of 19

A[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3096454/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

I got total respect for you guys! Don't know how you manage the nerves I had with making and transporting these cakes

vldutoit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vldutoit Posted 9 Sep 2013 , 12:01am
post #4 of 19

AYou did a good job. I know your girls were happy.

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 9 Sep 2013 , 12:05am
post #5 of 19

No laughter here, those cakes are adorable and of course your daughters loved them!

rmanuel73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rmanuel73 Posted 9 Sep 2013 , 12:15am
post #6 of 19

No laughter, just smiles. :) Way too cute, April! You did a great job for your first cake(s).  I always tell my boys that practice makes perfect! ;) Love the combination of color choices, too!

aprilfromLa Posted 9 Sep 2013 , 12:21am
post #7 of 19

AThanks!! I especially loved every ones faces adults too when I sliced into them

soledad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soledad Posted 9 Sep 2013 , 12:24am
post #8 of 19

You did a wonderful job!!;-D I see lots of love in them, and your layers are even!  My first were not even close to yours. 

With time and practice we all get better.

Ciao!

Bettyboo64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettyboo64 Posted 9 Sep 2013 , 12:52am
post #9 of 19

AExcellent job, it means so much more when mom takes the time to make and decorate a cake, anyone can order a cake. :)

aprilfromLa Posted 9 Sep 2013 , 1:21am
post #10 of 19

A

Original message sent by Bettyboo64

Excellent job, it means so much more when mom takes the time to make and decorate a cake, anyone can order a cake. :)

Awe thanks guys! I just have to explain why I quoted Bettyboo.. I am a foster mom (for 1 1/2 years) to my husbands 7 yr old niece. Her cake is the pink n green one. Her and my daughter were born a couple weeks apart. I love her as much as my own baby girl. Her mom, my sis n law, has a warped sense of reality. She thinks I'm the dangerous mom and she's the best. Well last year I made niece her bday cake and brought her to visit her mom at a pizza place. My sis n law bought her a cake with her name misspelled on it. Of course no one made a big deal out of it. But she got on my nerves bad when she said her kids have never gone without a store bought bday cake. Like I was depriving her of something. So that last post means a lot thanks

Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Posted 9 Sep 2013 , 1:26am
post #11 of 19

AThose are really sweet! Love the surprise colors inside and the rainbow cake boards. You added some really nice touches. :) good job.

Nadiaa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nadiaa Posted 9 Sep 2013 , 1:32am
post #12 of 19

Very cute cakes :) And a terrific job for your first ones!

cakeymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeymom Posted 9 Sep 2013 , 1:39am
post #13 of 19

AYou sound like an amazing person. The thing, besides, Cake Central that helped me the most to improve my skills were classes. Whether it's Wilton or through a local bakery/supply store. While there are many, many more people that are way more talented than I'll ever be it does not stop me, nor does it lessen the smiles I receive from family and friends.

Keep up the good work!

Cakeymom

aprilfromLa Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 1:02pm
post #14 of 19

A

Original message sent by cakeymom

You sound like an amazing person. The thing, besides, Cake Central that helped me the most to improve my skills were classes. Whether it's Wilton or through a local bakery/supply store. While there are many, many more people that are way more talented than I'll ever be it does not stop me, nor does it lessen the smiles I receive from family and friends.

Keep up the good work!

Cakeymom

Thank you!

I have been testing cakes on my family every Sunday when they come over for family dinner lol.

I am ready to bake and decorate another cake but no one has a bday until November lol. And he's an adult. Lol.

This Sunday my hubs requested a carrot cake so that will be my next experiment and I have to make a blueberry cheesecake for the old man down the road so I'm going to start looking for yummy recipes for those :)

Rohini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rohini Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 1:37pm
post #15 of 19

You did a great job! The cakes look good and looks so yummy!! They are indeed made with lots of love ;-D and I'm sure your girls must've loved them. They are sure lucky to have a mom like you!! Good luck with the upcoming cake projects!!

4chaos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4chaos Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 2:09pm
post #16 of 19

Those are adorable!  Great job!

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 3:16pm
post #17 of 19

Quote:

Originally Posted by aprilfromLa 

Thank you!

I have been testing cakes on my family every Sunday when they come over for family dinner lol.

I am ready to bake and decorate another cake but no one has a bday until November lol. And he's an adult. Lol.

This Sunday my hubs requested a carrot cake so that will be my next experiment and I have to make a blueberry cheesecake for the old man down the road so I'm going to start looking for yummy recipes for those icon_smile.gif

Do you have a good carrot cake recipe? If not PM me and I will share mine with you. It's always a big hit. I loaned it to my roomie who is a pastry chef and it got rave reviews. My daughter created it.

aprilfromLa Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 3:37pm
post #18 of 19

AAs I was cutting the cakes into slices last night to send home with my brother I was like "man, I hate to see these cakes go they're so pretty lol"

Thanks to all of you! Everyone is so nice around here :) it's one thing when family says nice things about something I've done but to have complete strangers do the same puts me on top of cloud nine :)

ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 10 Sep 2013 , 5:25pm
post #19 of 19

sweet! sweet! sweet!

well done!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%