Need Help With Wedding Cake

Decorating By cakecrumbs116 Updated 8 Sep 2013 , 5:18pm by manicgeisha

cakecrumbs116 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecrumbs116 Posted 8 Sep 2013 , 6:04am
post #1 of 15

APlease can someone tell me what you think is used for the jewels in between the layers of [ATTACHMENT=1268]image.jpg (105k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]this cake.

14 replies
manicgeisha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manicgeisha Posted 8 Sep 2013 , 6:06am
post #2 of 15

Beaded fringe is my guess.

cakecrumbs116 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecrumbs116 Posted 8 Sep 2013 , 6:19am
post #3 of 15

AHmmm. I never thought of that. Where could I get that?

manicgeisha Posted 8 Sep 2013 , 6:20am
post #4 of 15

Craft or sewing store would be my guess.

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 8 Sep 2013 , 11:03am
post #5 of 15

Quote:

Originally Posted by manicgeisha 

Craft or sewing store would be my guess.

I have seen stands like that on Etsy...

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 8 Sep 2013 , 2:58pm
post #6 of 15

Stands or strands?

BatterUpCake Posted 8 Sep 2013 , 3:11pm
post #7 of 15

Stands with the beads already attached.

MimiFix Posted 8 Sep 2013 , 3:18pm
post #8 of 15

Ah, stands with strands. Is that anything you would do if a customer ordered one of your fabulous cake stands?

BatterUpCake Posted 8 Sep 2013 , 3:24pm
post #9 of 15

I will do anything as long as I can do it in a way that it is high quality. I won't attach my name to junk! Not saying this one is junk....This one though looks like something the OP could do herself with some beaded strands and glue.....No need to go spending lots of money on something she will probably only use once.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 8 Sep 2013 , 3:51pm
post #10 of 15

AThere is a local place that does very expensive cakes and they have a stand like this. This may actually be one of their cakes... or they copied it. But they tried to sell their stand on Craigslist for $500, and you weren't allowed to look at it first. Seriously. It was a tiny picture with a cake on it. They amended their listing after 3 months to say you could look at it, but you had to give them a $200 NON REFUNDABLE deposit before you could look at it. That tells me that as soon as you see it, you will know how to make one yourself.

MimiFix Posted 8 Sep 2013 , 3:58pm
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterUpCake 

No need to go spending lots of money on something she will probably only use once.

Unlike her bridesmaids' dresses...

BatterUpCake Posted 8 Sep 2013 , 4:17pm
post #12 of 15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

There is a local place that does very expensive cakes and they have a stand like this. This may actually be one of their cakes... or they copied it. But they tried to sell their stand on Craigslist for $500, and you weren't allowed to look at it first. Seriously. It was a tiny picture with a cake on it. They amended their listing after 3 months to say you could look at it, but you had to give them a $200 NON REFUNDABLE deposit before you could look at it. That tells me that as soon as you see it, you will know how to make one yourself.

That's crazy!! There is like an hour's worth of labor involved. Stupid

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 8 Sep 2013 , 4:47pm
post #13 of 15

A

Original message sent by MimiFix

Unlike her bridesmaids' dresses...

.......or the wedding dress......

BatterUpCake Posted 8 Sep 2013 , 5:08pm
post #14 of 15

What??? You guys don't wear your wedding dress anymore? I wear mine when goin to 'da club!

manicgeisha Posted 8 Sep 2013 , 5:18pm
post #15 of 15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

There is a local place that does very expensive cakes and they have a stand like this. This may actually be one of their cakes... or they copied it. But they tried to sell their stand on Craigslist for $500, and you weren't allowed to look at it first. Seriously. It was a tiny picture with a cake on it. They amended their listing after 3 months to say you could look at it, but you had to give them a $200 NON REFUNDABLE deposit before you could look at it. That tells me that as soon as you see it, you will know how to make one yourself.

Woah, a deposit just to look at something...after failing to sell it without anyone seeing it first.  ROFL.

And I agree it looks like a simple project to attach fringe to a stand.    Just have to make sure to use the right glue!   E6000 works for about everything.  Smells strong but the smell goes away after a few days.   I'd rather have a stinky DIY stand than one I never saw for $500.   LOL.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%