Cream Cheese Frosting Help

Decorating By CupcakesByIrene Updated 8 Sep 2013 , 2:53am by MBalaska

CupcakesByIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupcakesByIrene Posted 7 Sep 2013 , 5:23pm
post #1 of 4

Hey guys i was wondering if anyone has a pipeable cream cheese frosting that can also be left out? I am making a red velvet cake and want to fill the cake with the frosting and pipe ruffles all around the cake. Any suggestions??  

THANKS!!! :smile:

3 replies
ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 7 Sep 2013 , 5:35pm
post #2 of 4

There is a "Decorator's cream cheese icing" recipe here on CC that I think can be left out.   I don't really like it because it has so much PS sugar in it, it takes away the traditional cream cheese taste.   But it makes a pipeable "cream cheese" icing.

heartsnsync Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heartsnsync Posted 7 Sep 2013 , 8:12pm
post #3 of 4

I know of this recipe:

http://www.texascottagefoodlaw.com/Resources/Recipes/TraditionalCreamCheeseFrosting.aspx

I make one with even less cream cheese than that to agree to my state's laws and supplement the cream cheese flavor with Lorann Oil's "cheesecake" extract.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 8 Sep 2013 , 2:53am
post #4 of 4

CucakesByIrene:  here's a couple of cupcakes made with a normal butter/cream cheese frosting. Piping is ok for a top, buy I have never ever tried to put anything on the side of a cake with it, I don't plan to. They held their shapes for a week before we ate them all (out on the counter as I've never refrigerated them.) (Hobby baker here in chilly Alaska)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%