Cream Cheese Frosting Help

Decorating By CupcakesByIrene Updated 8 Sep 2013 , 2:53am by MBalaska

CupcakesByIrene Posted 7 Sep 2013 , 5:23pm
post #1 of 4

Hey guys i was wondering if anyone has a pipeable cream cheese frosting that can also be left out? I am making a red velvet cake and want to fill the cake with the frosting and pipe ruffles all around the cake. Any suggestions??  

THANKS!!! :smile:

3 replies
ddaigle Posted 7 Sep 2013 , 5:35pm
post #2 of 4

There is a "Decorator's cream cheese icing" recipe here on CC that I think can be left out.   I don't really like it because it has so much PS sugar in it, it takes away the traditional cream cheese taste.   But it makes a pipeable "cream cheese" icing.

heartsnsync Posted 7 Sep 2013 , 8:12pm
post #3 of 4

I know of this recipe:

http://www.texascottagefoodlaw.com/Resources/Recipes/TraditionalCreamCheeseFrosting.aspx

I make one with even less cream cheese than that to agree to my state's laws and supplement the cream cheese flavor with Lorann Oil's "cheesecake" extract.

MBalaska Posted 8 Sep 2013 , 2:53am
post #4 of 4

CucakesByIrene:  here's a couple of cupcakes made with a normal butter/cream cheese frosting. Piping is ok for a top, buy I have never ever tried to put anything on the side of a cake with it, I don't plan to. They held their shapes for a week before we ate them all (out on the counter as I've never refrigerated them.) (Hobby baker here in chilly Alaska)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%