This Is My Latest Disaster.....

Decorating By kblickster Updated 27 Sep 2013 , 12:02am by maybenot

medicmama7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
medicmama7 Posted 26 Sep 2013 , 4:56am
post #31 of 33

I used a new buttercream recipe once and the whole side came off as well on delivery. It looks like the buttercream just melted slightly and everything fell off. Seeing that it was on one side only may indicate a push against the side, but reassure your bride that cake is delicate and when you deliver the wedding cake you can make any repairs onsite. I feel your pain!!!!

Borikenazul Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Borikenazul Posted 26 Sep 2013 , 2:59pm
post #32 of 33

AI agree with Nadiaa. I made my first fondant cake last Saturday and the #@$/## whipped cream melted on me because she simply left the cake out for over 4 hours! The fondant didn't crack but I promised myself to never use that whipping topping again! Yeah it's not your responsibility after delivery! Have them sign an agreement stating it!

maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Posted 27 Sep 2013 , 12:02am
post #33 of 33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borikenazul 

I agree with Nadiaa. I made my first fondant cake last Saturday and the #@$/## whipped cream melted on me because she simply left the cake out for over 4 hours! The fondant didn't crack but I promised myself to never use that whipping topping again! Yeah it's not your responsibility after delivery! Have them sign an agreement stating it!

A note for the future is that NO brand of whipped topping should ever be used in a fondant covered cake.  Whipped toppings contain too much moisture and separate/deflate when put under fondant.  The moisture seeps out and melts the fondant from behind.  Even if a client requests it, it's up to the baker to know not to use it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%